Was saving this for when Hillary was declared VP....
by dtaylor2, Wed Aug 27, 2008 at 12:48:13 AM EDT
Here is an attempt at an olive branch.
Things I admire and like about Team Obama.
1) They have passion. When this election started I had very little passion for Hillary. I felt she was the most qualified and had the best judgement and thought that would win her the race. Whatever passion I have for Hillary now is an echo of the early passion Obama supporters had for Obama.
2) Obama is well mannered. Obama conducts himself in public in a very christian manner. I think that this is a genuine attempt by him to be the best person he can be. This isn't me saying he is a great guy. This is me saying I sincerely believe that he strives to be the best person he can be and that it takes effort on his behalf and that says very positive things about his life choices.
3) Obama reminds me of Bill Clinton. As you all know I love Bill Clinton. Early Bill Clinton wasn't the polished master he is now and he needed Gergen to bail him out. But anyone that reminds me of Bill Clinton has a lot going for him.
4) Obama and Michelle protecting their kids reminds me of Hillary protecting Chelsea. That carries weight with me.
5) Team Obama is new to power. I don't think the things that made me the most angry with team Obama will be repeated. Many of the people supporting Obama did not have an adult perspective on the world in 1988-1992 in the years before Clinton was president and don't understand how much better than the competent Bush Sr. Bill was. Many of them did not realize the effects of withholding support if they lost and I believe they are not likely to do it again.
6) Team Obama was largely not responsible for the totally slanted media coverage. MSNBC turning into Obama Nazis was not Obama's fault. That Fox really was the least biased network was not Obama's fault. Obama played mostly fair in a situation that was unfair.
7) Team Obama gave life to Dr King's dream. Historically this is massive and if it was the only redeeming feature would probably force me to vote for him even if the rest of this list was empty.
8) Obama did hold back. Obama could have gone more negative on Hillary than he did. Now some of his supporters are evil SOBs (jessy jackson jr) but Obama didn't go negative in ways he could have on legitimate issues with the Clintons.
9) Obama cares about K-12 education in the ghetto. This is the most important aspect of getting rid of racism. Give kids good education and let the Obamas of the world make their mark.
10) Obama picked a good VP. Biden doesn't deliver a state. Biden isn't going to be as good on the campaign trail as some others may be. But Biden is smart. I credit Obama with picking a quality VP even though it wasn't Hillary.