Linking Up with the World

Tags: Israel, Germany, Blackwater, pakistan, Iceland, Global Financial Markets (all tags)

Comments

I apologize
I've tried everything I can think to activate the hyperlinks but I can't seem to get them to show up live.
by Charles Lemos 2010-01-01 04:49PM | 0 recs
they are live now
was that something you did, or did someone else fix it?
by desmoinesdem 2010-01-01 06:56PM | 0 recs
RE: they are live now
No I kept on fiddling with it until I managed to get links live and on the post on the front. Must have spent an hour solving this one problem.
by Charles Lemos 2010-01-01 07:20PM | 0 recs
RE: they are live now
Well there are two paths to editing a post and each looks different and gets you different results. Going through Admin HQ is better. Even so it has its drawbacks. The old format had one click editing. Now it is multiple clicks and then I have no way getting back to the front page once I am done to check if the edits took w/o going through my bookmarked sites on the browser. I must admit that I hate the hyperlink style. It's too differentiate from the written text and when I go to read a post my attention gravitates to hyperlinks.
by Charles Lemos 2010-01-01 07:36PM | 0 recs
I think you mean: "Five BlackWATER employees"
"...Charges Against Five Black Employees Dismissed A federal judge has dismissed all charges against five Blackwater Worldwide security guards charged in a deadly Baghdad shooting. More from the New York Times. In Iraq, the news was received with disbelief, anger and bitter resignation..."

They may be black too, I don't know. But I think you mean blackwater. Happy New Year :)
by NoFortunateSon 2010-01-01 07:30PM | 0 recs
RE: I think you mean: "Five BlackWATER employees"
Thanks, I had to retype the headlines to have the bold show up and I must have mistyped it.
by Charles Lemos 2010-01-01 07:47PM | 1 recs
I did read your diary as well
I read Der Spiegel whenever I can remember.

I read the article you linked to on Germany's need to "painfully" restructure their economy, and I had read the article that appears to have preceded it on Germany's costly jobs program "gamble".

For me, both articles possessed a very pleasant, sober reality of the international great recession, which is a far cry from the punditocracy as of late back home. I'm sure they get that too.

We are truly all in this together, and the solutions do not readily present themselves.
by NoFortunateSon 2010-01-01 09:10PM | 0 recs