Congressman Immature (Joe Wilson)'s Contact Information

If you live in the district of Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC), please contact him to let him know that you believe the floor of the House of Representatives should be a place of dignity and respect, and that you have no tolerance for immaturity or childish behavior. (For those unaware, Wilson shouted out "You lie!" in the middle of the president's speech tonight.) Wilson can be contacted by e-mail here or by phone at 202.225.2452. You can also donate to his Democratic opponent at his website here. I would advise waiting a little bit to visit either Wilson or Miller's website given that at the time of this writing, both servers have been overwhelmed and are temporarily unavailable.

Tags: Barack Obama, Joe Wilson (all tags)

Comments

Ooops

Umm her web site? Joe's opponent is Rob Miller a he I do believe :)

Be that as it may a sent him $25 with a note to please thank Joe Wilson for the donation.

by jsfox 2009-09-09 06:24PM | 0 recs
Re: Ooops

Good catch, correction made, thank you! 'Tis the danger of speed reading: I thought it was Robin, not Rob.

by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-09 06:26PM | 0 recs
On Rob Miller

he was one of the most fascinating people I met while covering the primaries for ABC. I was in South Carolina covering the Democratic primary when I met him. He struck me as more of a Blue Dog, but he was a very friendly, very personable guy. I liked him alot.

He said he was sure that he'd win, and if he didn't, he'd get at least 45% of the vote.

He got 46%.

by DTOzone 2009-09-09 07:10PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Immature (Joe Wilson)'s Contact In

I wondered who the idiot was.

by Charles Lemos 2009-09-09 06:25PM | 0 recs
he will live to regret his stupid move.

My email to the Congressman will inform him that until today I'd never heard of him but as of today I will be doing whatever I can to fund his opponent.

by chiefscribe 2009-09-09 06:31PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Immature (Joe Wilson)'s Contact In

The look on Speaker Pelosi's face is priceless. She was not amused.

by Charles Lemos 2009-09-09 06:45PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Immature

Personally I can't wait to hear what the Republican talking point turns out to be.  Something about how it was no more disrespectful than that MoveOn ad about Bush, or whatever.

by Steve M 2009-09-09 06:51PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Immature

I love how the longstanding traditions and rules of decorum go completely out the window when the president is a Democrat.

If a liberal Congressman had done such a thing to President Bush during the run-up to the Iraq War I have no doubt he would have been absolutely crucified by the Republican Party and the MSM.

by Will Graham 2009-09-09 07:36PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Immature

This is not an IOKIYAR moment.  This was Joe Wilson's macaca moment.  Unless he apologizes in a way that is MORE notable than his interruption (shades of Mark Sanford), all he will be known for is this night.

http://rules.house.gov/archives/house_de corum.htm

by SummertimeDissent 2009-09-09 07:51PM | 0 recs
House of Representatives

In this place of "dignity and respect", is the President the only one allowed to call his opponent a liar? A little hypocritical, no? I think they were both out of line.

by tpeichel 2009-09-09 06:52PM | 0 recs
Er, what?

Could you please clarify?

by Dracomicron 2009-09-09 06:57PM | 0 recs
Re: Er, what?

The President used the term "liars" to describe his opponents who claim that bureaucrats will make end of life decisions for Grandma.

by tpeichel 2009-09-09 07:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Er, what?

I know people will try to claim that it's somehow different, but it's EXACTLY THE SAME THING, y'know?

by Steve M 2009-09-09 07:31PM | 0 recs
I thought that's what you meant.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but nope, you're nuts.  Telling someone that they're a liar when they're lying is different than telling someone that they're a liar when they're telling the truth.  The latter is, well, lying.

by Dracomicron 2009-09-10 06:02AM | 0 recs
Re: I thought that's what you meant.

Maybe I am nuts, but here is my thinking when the President says it is a lie that people are concerned that bureaucrats will be making end of life health care decisions.

When the President says he will provide healthcare for all, with no rationing, and healthcare will not be more expensive, it does not seem logical. Can both parts of the statement actually be true?

Private Insureres have to ration care or they will go bankrupt. Countries with public healtchare like Canada and Great Britain must ration care as well. How can President Obama's plan get around this problem? It can't, unless we vastly increase the resources we put into healtcare, which he claims he will not do.

If he won't raise taxes to pay for "anything you want" healthcare, then someone (medical professionals, bean counters, bureaucrats, etc) will need to determine what care is available for people using government provided healthcare.

by tpeichel 2009-09-11 09:15AM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

The GOP had time for an official response. I wouldn't classify any of what Boustany said as an outburst. Wilson, on the other hand, was interrupting with a scream.

Besides, it IS a lie to claim this bill will fund illegals or create death panels. It is NOT a lie to say that it won't. That's verifiable by reading the text of the bill and the CRS summaries. Is it wrong to call Hitler a Nazi? Is it wrong to call David Duke a racist? There are times when those terms ARE true, and there are times when a man IS a liar. Oh, but I'm sorry, I guess it's hypocritical for me to say that, isn't it.

by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-09 06:59PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

The law could say that healthcare for illegals will not be funded, but the amendment that included citizenship verification was shot down. In theory, there would be nothing from stopping an illegal alien from getting healthcare.

Also, do you think it is confusing when the President claims that we need to cover the 47 million people in this country without insurance when many people know that this number includes illegal immigrants?

by tpeichel 2009-09-09 08:02PM | 0 recs
by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-09 09:16PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

You are a moron. An idiot House Member who behaved so moronically that fellow Republicans condemned the act accused the President of lying. The President's response was "That's not true."

If you can't make the distinction than you are in a very small minority and have no place here or, for that matter, any place that an informed discussion is taking place.

by JDF 2009-09-09 07:00PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

I won't go as far as to use uncivil language like "moron," but the rest of JDF's comment is a good point. tpeichel, would you also call John McCain a hypocrite for saying Wilson should apologize?

by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-09 07:03PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

Well Texan, you are a nicer person than I... I don't know how the rest of you stay civil around here. But I tip my hat to you for it.

by JDF 2009-09-09 07:17PM | 0 recs
That's easy

I don't know how the rest of you stay civil around here.

That's easy.  We largely don't.  Unfortunate but true.

by Dracomicron 2009-09-10 06:07AM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

Draco has a point. Even I, who values style almost as much as substance, almost never post the first thing I type. Step one in political writing is to throw down some Jack Daniels, curse at the top of one's lungs, and punch the wall a few times. It's going to come out of my system one way or another, and I'd rather that way not be the published form. ;)

by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-10 08:51PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

I said they were both wrong to call their opponents liars in that setting.

by tpeichel 2009-09-09 07:54PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

Right the famed GOP tactic of creating a false equivalency. By the way saying "That is not true." Is not the same as calling someone a liar or saying "You lie."

Many people say things that are not true because they are misinformed, misguided, or just plain stupid.

Speaking of "just plain stupid," it would have been exactly that for Obama to leave such a shameful and childish act unanswered during his speech. To do so would have been allowing himself to be shown up and as President he cannot and should not do that.

And if you can't see that than the above description applies to you as well. Our President handled the moment with class and dignity. End of discussion.

by JDF 2009-09-09 08:34PM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Here is where the President called his opponents liars:

Some of people's concerns have grown out of bogus claims spread by those whose only agenda is to kill reform at any cost. The best example is the claim, made not just by radio and cable talk show hosts, but by prominent politicians, that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens. Now, such a charge would be laughable if it weren't so cynical and irresponsible. It is a lie plain and simple

It is absurd the way he said it, but this issue has struck a chord with people across the country because there is an element of truth to it.

I'll copy from my previous post since I'm making the same point here.

Lie or truth?

by tpeichel 2009-09-11 09:35AM | 0 recs
Re: House of Representatives

First, we already ration care. Those decisions are just made by health insurance for reasons of increasing their profit margin. Second, the President has not just the right but the responsibility to take on those who are using scare tactics and misinformation to try and kill reform.

And no, I did not misunderstand what you said; you are creating a false equivalency. Wilson calling out "You lie," is beneath the dignity of the House of Representatives AND is disrespectful to the office as well as the man. That is all in addition to the fact that he is full of shit.

Obama was tackling, head on, the attacks that have been levied against his plan in order. He did so in a proper and eloquent manner.

Finally, the healthcare systems of both the UK and Canada do a far better job of taking care of its citizens than we do. The reason for this is simple; they do not allow parasites to profit to the detriment of the physical health of their nations.

by JDF 2009-09-13 12:00PM | 0 recs
You can see Pelosi

name "Joe Wilson" when she turns back to the Vice President at 0:25.

by DTOzone 2009-09-09 07:05PM | 0 recs
Re: You can see Pelosi

Somebody is going to get taken to the woodshed.

by JDF 2009-09-09 08:35PM | 0 recs
ROB MILLER

Now, please. Do we really want to have another Blue Dog Democrat? Didn't we just have a community hissy fit and swear off the idea of breathing the same air as Southern type Democrats in Name Only?

Primary the sumbitch with a real Progressive!!!!

by QTG 2009-09-09 07:06PM | 0 recs
ha ha

The server at www.joewilson.house.gov is taking too long to respond.

by QTG 2009-09-09 07:07PM | 0 recs
Wilson Helps the Dems

Wilson will wind up being the second most valuable player on the Democratic side tonight.

The press is hitting two points:

Obama's speech in the insta-polls was well received

and

the GOP response was drowned out by an idiot redneck who shouted "liar."

He has already apologized, but the damage is done.

by michaelvark 2009-09-09 07:12PM | 0 recs
more please

Pres used "lies" and Rep used "liars"... this is a good development, and could make these bores more interesting.

by Jerome Armstrong 2009-09-09 07:32PM | 0 recs
Tired of Being Disrespected

First the GOP insists that school children be kept away from the President (on tv) like he's some kind of damn sex offender.  Now this.  Complete and total disrespect for the office of the presidency when it is held by a Democrat.  Why am I even surprised?

by Will Graham 2009-09-09 07:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Tired of Being Disrespected

Didn't Obama throw all respect Under The Bus (c) by removing his jacket in the oval office?  That drew howls of outrage.

I wrote snark but I'm sure there are plenty who would ague this point earnestly.

Btw, Wilson has quite the fanclub (not surprisingly) at Larry's No Sense house o' hate.

by January 20 2009-09-09 08:04PM | 0 recs
Re:
his website is down for "maintenance"
re-post his email every day please
by sepulvedaj3 2009-09-09 08:04PM | 0 recs
Re:

Not a bad idea - every day would be overkill, but I'll try to remember to do once more when the initial furor dies down in a couple of days, anyway. :)

by Nathan Empsall 2009-09-09 09:20PM | 0 recs