Deep Thought

Bigger scandal: Ensign's affair or Obama's date with his wife?

Tags: John Ensign, snark (all tags)

Comments

Re: Deep Thought

Josh are you joking? Of course the answer is Obama's date with is wife... (sarcasm intended)

by political22 2009-06-16 03:07PM | 0 recs
Re: Deep Thought

I must be out of it because I wasn't aware that the date nights were a scandal.

by Charles Lemos 2009-06-16 03:15PM | 0 recs
Re: Deep Thought

He went to a Broadway show! And ate at a restaurant! IN NEW YORK!

by Josh Orton 2009-06-16 03:19PM | 0 recs
Re: Deep Thought

Maybe it was the fact that it was a locally grown organic restaurant that prompted the scandal!  Then again, the prices for anything in NYC are scandalous.

by jlars 2009-06-16 03:37PM | 0 recs
the scandal

was spending six figures to fly the president and first lady up to NY for a date, then back to DC.

I would have advised them to schedule the Broadway date night for some time when Obama had to be in NY on official business anyway.

by desmoinesdem 2009-06-16 04:21PM | 0 recs
Re: the scandal

Come on.  Any date Obama has with his wife that isn't exactly around the corner from the White House would cost six digits by the time it is all said and done.

by devilrays 2009-06-16 04:38PM | 0 recs
Re: the scandal

Where did you get the "six figure " definition from, because it certainly was'nt any reputable source.The figure was 38,000$. They did'nt even use Air Force One, as a measure to save on the usage of taxpayer money. Even with this, he took HIS WIFE on a date to fulfill a promise he made to her. As a man who makes lower-wealthy class pay, it is not out of the realm to think that he could do this regardless of whether he mans the Presidency or not. Sounds like someones's just being a hater. I wonder who?

by onlinesavant 2009-06-16 06:38PM | 0 recs
I'm talking about the optics

of flying up to NY for a date and back the same day, which predictably was blown up into a fake scandal.

But in your world anyone who criticizes anything Obama does is a "hater."

by desmoinesdem 2009-06-16 07:31PM | 0 recs
Re: I'm talking about the optics

It was five figures.  About a third of the smallest "six figure" number.

Maybe not a hater, but...ignorant?  That work for you?

by lojasmo 2009-06-17 02:23AM | 0 recs
fake scandal?

I think I heard a handful of people complain about it for all of about five minutes.

It was no Jeremiah Wright.

by DTOzone 2009-06-17 05:47AM | 0 recs
Re: I'm talking about the optics

1. Obviously, the "optics" are in the eyes of the beholder. In my eyes, it was not anything worth mentioning at all, whether he took AF 1 or not. As the President, I believe that he deserves the perks of the office to a reasonable extent, and taking his wife to NY for dinner and theatre are perfectly reasonable. 2. Not that it's any of your business, but I am highly critical of Obama's choices in a approaching the "financial industry", the car companies (Take them over, chose the boards.), and the health care issue (Single payer period.).The difference between you and me is that I don't really get concerned with petty issues like the one at the topic line, and I don't make a judgement until I can have a full viewing of the FACTS.

by onlinesavant 2009-06-17 07:11AM | 0 recs
Re: I'm talking about the optics

Oh, and DTOzone, I see nothing "scandalous" about Rev Wright. If one actually LISTENS to the Rev., and studied his professional history, you'd know that he has reasoned and truthful stances, and has been an upstanding and helpful servant of ALL members of the human community virtually all his life. You think LBJ would have had him on his personal health maintenance team were he not. I think the WHITE members of TRINITY and the 99% WHITE, national membership struture of the UCC would also have objected.

by onlinesavant 2009-06-17 07:20AM | 0 recs
Re: Deep Thought

In D.C., date with wife is definitely more scandalous than an affair with a staffer.

by Sieglinde 2009-06-16 04:00PM | 0 recs
Re: Deep Thought
Is that beacause DC types don't take their spouses out?
Definitely Ensign's scandal, although few in the MSM will talk about it.
BTW, he's from Nevada, so I wonder how many times the Senator referred to that staffer as his niece.
by spirowasright 2009-06-17 08:33AM | 0 recs