Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Hillary Clinton's message to supporters, via e-mail:

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Saturday it is. Details as we get them...

Tags: 2008 Presidential election, Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton (all tags)

Comments

Thanks Senator Clinton

For a hard fought campaign and a gracious ending.

by parahammer 2008-06-05 12:03AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Thanks for sharing that, Todd.

by Jeter 2008-06-05 12:09AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Thanks Hillary Clinton. I know you'll make sure your supporters rally behind Barack.
What a wonderful Press Release.
Again thanks Hillary.

And this is from an Obama Supporter.

by Obamafan 2008-06-05 12:10AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Typically gracious Obama supporter. Thanks. Why you are so adorable I'm gonna mojo you!

by Jeter 2008-06-05 12:25AM | 0 recs
Hillary's selflessness

As much as she was insulted as a megalomaniac head of a vanity campaign, her true nature shined through when her chief negotiating concerns were:

1. Her health care plan
2. Helping the downticket African American legislators who supported her

Talk about a woman with a heart.

And <3's back to you Hillary.  We love you.

by BPK80 2008-06-05 12:33AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Pretty classy.  Thanks, Senator Clinton, you ran one helluva' race.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-06-05 12:33AM | 0 recs

Well said.

I'm looking forward to her campaigning on his behalf.  I think she is great at a very specific kind of retail campaigning that Obama hasn't mastered.  She'll be a great asset to have on the team.

by evantakesall 2008-06-05 12:41AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

I doubt she'll campaign that strongly on his behalf.  Just sayin

by reggie44pride 2008-06-05 01:08AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Way to say classy, Reggie44.

by Denny Crane 2008-06-05 05:09AM | 0 recs

You're wrong.

by Mandoliniment 2008-06-05 05:12AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

I think she will be out there, too.

by igottheblues 2008-06-05 05:24AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

I have the audacity to hope. :)

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:26AM | 0 recs
I think she will

As much as the cynic in me says she will not, I am going to think positive and say and believe that she will.

Putting John McCain in power will only block the legislation that she wants to get passed.  I don't think that she wants to wait another 4-8 years to get this stuff passed, she wants it ASAP and the best way to do that is with Obama in the White House.

by monkeyga 2008-06-05 05:53AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Very classy. Great to have her on board.

by gcensr 2008-06-05 12:42AM | 0 recs
My personal Democratic 08 Ticket
My Ticket:
Barack Obama/Albert Gore Jr.
by Obamafan 2008-06-05 12:44AM | 0 recs
Re: My personal Democratic 08 Ticket

Why would Al Gore want to be VP again when he's won more votes in a presidential race against his opponent in 2000 and won a Nobel Peace Prize since then?

Sorry, but "Albert Gore Jr." is not a VP.  He's a "P"

by reggie44pride 2008-06-05 01:01AM | 0 recs
Re: My personal Democratic 08 Ticket

Couldn't.  Possibly.  Agree.  More.

I'd flip today for Al Gore!

by AK Democrat 2008-06-05 01:14AM | 0 recs
Re: My personal Democratic 08 Ticket

Nobel Prize and an Oscar.

by NJ Liberal 2008-06-05 05:55AM | 0 recs
Sorry to disappoint you.

Gore has already said he has absolutely no interest in being VP again. Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

by Travis Stark 2008-06-05 03:10AM | 0 recs

Very classy indeed.

by AlexScott 2008-06-05 12:46AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Honestly, that lady is my effing hero.

by alyssa chaos 2008-06-05 01:01AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

I am so happy to meet the woman I had grown to love, respect an admire again. I was afraid she had gone forever.

by feliks 2008-06-05 01:14AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters
That was the right thing to do.
by juliewolf 2008-06-05 01:22AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

And the right way to do it. I'm impressed.

by jdusek 2008-06-05 04:25AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Hillary has run an epic campaign.  I was listening to NPR today and they were doing a play-by-play of the campaign, including various soundbites and notable occurrences.  One thing struck me:

When her back was to the wall, Hillary Clinton campaigned her friggin' ass off and almost--ALMOST--pulled it off.  If she had "campaigned scared" the whole way, she wouldn't just have been the inevitable candidate, she would have been the inevitable President.  I don't say this to rehash any old wounds or in any way rub it in--I say this in pure admiration of a woman who I shall tell my daughter about one day, who had to do it her way because no path had ever been blazed before.  Truly, a woman for the ages.

My salute to you, Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Whatever you do, whatever path you follow, I know that you will do it well.

by AK Democrat 2008-06-05 01:23AM | 0 recs
Underdog campaigning

That's actually pretty much the reason Obama won; he and his supporters always thought of him as a longshot, even though he never lost the delegate lead.  Our mantra was always "We're 10 points down but we can still do this!" no matter what the actual numbers looked like.

And when Clinton started treating it the same way, she became a monster (in the good way of being nigh unstoppable).

I think that people are going to start looking at "insurgent" campaigning a lot more carefully from now on.

by Dracomicron 2008-06-05 05:17AM | 0 recs
Re: Underdog campaigning

Make no mistake - Obama just changed presidential campaigning forever. This isn't insurgent campaigning - this is how it has to be run if you want to win. 50 states. Every vote counts.

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:28AM | 0 recs
True, true...

...it's insurgent campaigning now, but next time around, assuming that the old methods (McCain) don't prevail over the new methods in November, we're going to see a lot more vigorous campaigning.  The Republicans might be forced to turn to more energetic candidates like Palin or Jindal... which would be a marked change from the "old white guy" approach.

by Dracomicron 2008-06-05 05:39AM | 0 recs
Old White Men
They will be shivering in their boots.  I think we are very close to seeing that America go bye-bye.
It is going to be a nasty campaign because this really is their last shot at power.  All they are doing now is holding their finger in the dam, and that dam is about to burst forth.  There will be no going back
by monkeyga 2008-06-05 05:57AM | 0 recs
Re: Old White Men

You know, Jimmy Carter is an "old white man".  So is Bill Clinton.  So was LBJ and Roosevelt.  As far as the race-baiting (and concern trolling), go blow it out your ass.

by beerwulf 2008-06-05 07:07AM | 0 recs
Re: Underdog campaigning

Howard Dean did that.

by Juno 2008-06-05 06:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Definitely a much more party supporting, Senator Obama supporting, politically astute move than conceding on the night of the primaries.

Her supporters have had time to accept the reality of her defeat, the audience will be cheering for the party and Obama instead of perhaps howling their disapproval of Senator Clinton withdrawing from the race.

by My Ob 2008-06-05 01:36AM | 0 recs
classy email

and I'm looking forward to what she has to say on Saturday.

by hekebolos 2008-06-05 02:06AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters
Thank you Hillary, for being the gracious, intelligent and hard working woman we have supported for many months.
Now, let's get Obama elected and kick John MccCain's ass to the curb.
by skohayes 2008-06-05 02:49AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Finally, a long time coming, but thank you Hillary

Now let's kick some republican ASS!

by fightbull 2008-06-05 03:24AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

I knew she had a way with words, but that was so eloquent...

Nicely said, nicely done... good job.

Thank you Senator Clinton.

by JenKinFLA 2008-06-05 03:47AM | 0 recs
A real class act, who keeps her

promises:

by Rumarhazzit 2008-06-05 03:49AM | 0 recs

by Rumarhazzit 2008-06-05 03:52AM | 0 recs
McCain must be terrified

Our only way to lose this thing would be to destroy ourselves.  Get rid of that option and what's their plan B?

Thank you Clinton for this letter.  Even as an Obama supporter, it's sad to see this because she fell short, not due to any failings of her own, but because she happened to run in the year where there were two amazing candidates in the race and some of her advisers made poor choices.  It's not difficult at all to imagine this being flipped and it being Obama supporters who are pledging to work for Clinton.

by thezzyzx 2008-06-05 04:18AM | 0 recs
Wonderful news

Hillary has answered doubts that many Obama supporters had (including myself). She is putting party and country above everything else. I can't say enough how nice it is to read her email. She earned the right to take a little "breather" before coming out and endorsing Obama. It takes a few days - at least - to let it all sink in. But she's totally on board within days of the last primary. We are united faster than anybody thought possible.

by elrod 2008-06-05 04:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

They weren't doubts. They were politically calculated and mythical attempts to demonize her in service to Obama's campaign.

Even your reconciliation is, simply because she's saying she'll back Obama.

I never had any doubt she would do so.  It was Obamans saying she was endorsing McCain with her words.  I knew she wasn't.

I think it's very discouraging that Obama supporters felt they had to demonize her in order to win, esp. because that is politics as usual, of which Obama is supposed to be the antithesis.

I thought Gore was very gracious in his very tough defeat in 2000, but Republicans insisted on continuing to bash him and call him a sore loser too, even after they won.

People need to be a little more honest.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:17AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

Honestly, I think a lot of Obama supporters viewed Hillary as consumed by her ambition to be president. She would say anything, do anything, grind the party to dust to get what she wanted. The phone call from the eight senators arranged by her campaign staff to convince her to drop is circumstantial evidence that she was delusional enough to take this to Denver, to hell with the consequences.

We didn't demonize her in order to win. We won despite her politics as usual (3 AM?).

I'm not bashing here, I'm just telling you what a lot of Obama supporters saw. Not saying it is true.

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:36AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

I think Obama is also consumed with ambition to win.  YOu have to be to become president.

Hillary Clinton was treated very poorly during this campaign.  I've been on this site long enough to have seen the brutality directed at her by Obama supporters.  I left other sites because it was so violent and vicious (at me as well).

Even the day after Obama clinched the nomination, not a gracious word was said here about Clinton, and indeed it was all still bashing her, not even expressing happiness about Obama's win.

No, I'm sorry, but Obamans have proven to be very poor winners, they were terrible to Clinton and her supporters during the campaign, and the fact that many seem unaware of it is very disturbing.

Sorry, but Obamans went GOP on the Clintons, and they did so in order to defeat her. That was political.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:40AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

If you really believe that nothing gracious was said here yesterday, then you are completely out of touch with reality.

I know better than this. I've already figured out you are a troll. I'll just stop responding to your posts.

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:49AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

No problem. That is your right.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:51AM | 0 recs
Quit saying Obamans and have some humility

like Senator Clinton has right now.  See, she leads by example so take note

by KLRinLA 2008-06-05 12:43PM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

Obama got his swipes in at Clinton too, a lot of them.  Very subtle, but stinging.  I'm sure many of his supporters didn't see them because they need to believe he's gracious and not like politics as usual, but the reality is that he is.

Not sure why this is so painful for many to believe that they must insist on it being untrue.

Obama also did what he needed to to win.  They all do.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:48AM | 0 recs
So, what you are saying

is that many Obama supporters totally misread Clinton.

by NJ Liberal 2008-06-05 06:01AM | 0 recs
Re: Wonderful news

oh jeez.  Straight from the Obama campaign - you DO realize that, correct?

He began that shit in the fall.  and that is why Hillary struck back.

by colebiancardi 2008-06-05 08:40AM | 0 recs
below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Dear Hillary:

thank you very much for what you did and you had my full support until this email.
I do not want you to quit, I do not want you to support bad candidate.
You can have my support if you will continue your run or if you will run as an independent, otherwise I am switching to Mr. McCain.
What Democrats did to you is outrageous, including recent RBC decision to steal your delegates and assign uncommitted delegates to person who was not even on Michigan ballot.
I consider the behavior of Super-Delegates as a  tragic mistake and as a massive suicide when they supporting wrong candidate.
I admire you and I love you, dear Mrs. Clinton, you are my hero and my leader, but I can not follow you and totally disagree with your decision.
Mr. McCain will win in landslide against  inexperienced and weak candidate.
Your decision will create more problems for our country than solve.
Please exclude me, my name and contact info from your database and please do not share my info with anybody.

Very truly yours.

by engels 2008-06-05 04:43AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her
I am sure she will think you are an idiot.
Because you are.
by deepee 2008-06-05 04:47AM | 0 recs

Wow.

who taught you to treat people like this?  Wasn't Obama.

You might want to listen to him. I mean REALLY listen to him.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:13AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Um, that is a Hillary supporter.

McCain supporters are not welcome here. Grandparent was right to call out engels, because s/he truly is an idiot for that position.

I have no problem with Hillary supporters with hurt feelings. BPK80 has said some nasty stuff, but I have not responded.

I have no patience for traitors to the party. They need to go.

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:26AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Then you don't get what Obama is saying.

And why are McCain supporters not welcome here?

Sad to see so many on the left going Bush-like with censorship, wanting only like-minded people around them, not wanting to hear opposing viewpoints, etc.

You don't see the disconnect with Obama's message here?

Again, this is just partisan politics as usual. I thought Obama wanted to stop all that.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:30AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Because this is a site devoted to electing democrats. If I want to debate McCain supporters, I'll stick my head out my front door. I enjoy debating them, mainly because we are right and they are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with hearing opposing viewpoints. But there is a time and a place for everything. This is a place for people trying to elect democrats.

If I have misunderstood the nature of the site, I'll apologize. Have I?

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:45AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

You've misunderstood the nature of free speech, a fundamental American principle.

I think Bush also had people who didn't agree with him removed from his presence too.

It's also anti-Obaman, IMO.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:53AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

I think you sort of misunderstand the nature of the First Amendment.  It serves to restrict the ability of the government to restrict our ability to exchange information and, more specifically, speak our minds.

It offers no such restrictions to private actors.  A website may censor anyone it likes in any way it chooses, so long as it is not acting as, or in lieu of, a state actor.

RedState.com tossed out pretty much all of the Ron Paul supporters.  Even Ron Paul, honest liberterian that he is, acknowledged that they could do that.

If someone is here looking to poach votes for John McCain, if somebody actually does that, then the website is perfectly right to toss 'em out.

by Reaper0Bot0 2008-06-05 06:05AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

You're right.  Silly me, I do derive from its meaning that there is a fundamental right for people to express themselves and that Congress won't pass any laws restricting it but also that people even in the private sector will respect each person's right to express themselves.

I think it's also incredibly hypocritical of left wingers to yammer on and on about individual rights and then turn around the silence people for no reason other than they voice a dissenting opinion.

I also don't see where that gets us anywhere.  Indeed, I think Bush has shown us that quashing voices is detrimental.

I don't want Democrats to become like Bush.  Let people speak, so long as it's civil, not vulgar, and not threatening.

by Juno 2008-06-05 06:24AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my

I am all for discourse and debate.  I make it a large part of my life, frankly, debating with people I disagree strongly with, because I want to learn from everyone I can, and I abhor a vacuum.

I just don't see a website dedicated to getting Democrats elected as the appropriate forum for such a thing.

by Reaper0Bot0 2008-06-05 07:24AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my

Then ignore them and maybe they'll leave, but i do not agree with banning anyone who is being civil to others and merely expressing their viewpoint.

And who knows, maybe they can be convinced that voting for McCain is not in their best interest.

You never know if you put blinders and earplugs on and refuse to listen to the other side.

by Juno 2008-06-05 07:29AM | 0 recs
That is the most sane and civil thing

I've ever heard you say.

Phantom rec.

-chris

by chrisblask 2008-06-05 08:39AM | 0 recs
Re: That is the most sane and civil thing

Pish Posh.

You Obama die hards are like Bush die hards.  Anything said in opposition, even just pointing out that the guy is actually human, is perceived as bat shit insane, lying, irrational, and totally implausible and renders a person a troll who's going to vote for McCain.

Snore.

by Juno 2008-06-05 08:53AM | 0 recs
Re: That is the most sane and civil thing

I am generally convinced you are not an actual GOP troll, even though you have yet to my knowledge said a single word in support of a single democrat.  In fact, every call for you to do so results in your comments on the thread ceasing, so to add that piece of Kryptonite to this message I would like to ask you the straight question: "What Democrat do you support in any level of political office, and what do you like about them?"

However, you are also clearly a bigot, and I use that in the most literal sense.  You have decided that an entire demographic of individual humans are all exactly the same, and you attribute a range of negative aspects to all of them without consideration for the complexities of those individuals.

Unless your comments are some sort of highly evolved snark that I do not have the capacity to understand, I would very much not like to be on the same side of anything as you.

by chrisblask 2008-06-05 09:04AM | 0 recs
Re: That is the most sane and civil thing

The weird thing is, I understand Obama's message better than do you and a lot of his supporters on this site and others.

As I said, anything short of expressed and singular adoration of Obama and hatred of Hillary Clinton seems to evoke the very kind of reaction from a lot of his supporters that you put forth here.

Your challenge is silly and juvenile, not to mention hypocritical, which is why I won't waste energy responding to it.

Are you the one who claimed that "100%" of my posts were attacks on Obama (I do not attack Obama) or his supporters only to be proven wrong?

One thing I detest is hyperbole, especially when it's used in pursuit of trying to insult or otherwise discredit an individual.

Please, go back to the chalkboard and listen to Obama.

by Juno 2008-06-05 09:22AM | 0 recs
Re: That is the most sane and civil thing

After reading all your posts on this thread I can safely say you are stirring up shit. Do you even know engels history? Your probably the one who mojo's this persons rants.

Using Obama's message to counter any argument is lame. Comparing Obama with Bush by repeating the same talking point in consecutive posts is pretty obvious to all who read it.

You are doing yourself no favors.

by spacemanspiff 2008-06-05 09:40AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

One of the rules of having rights (First Amendment or otherwise) is that the wise person does not use all of the rights s/he possesses. One reason people have so much bitterness to get over at this juncture is because a lot too many used those rights a lot too much. Nothing said on a website is inherently private, and all of us should have watched our words, since a lot of the unity healing is to heal what one side or the other, or the trolls preying on both, threw into the mix, that never came out of the mouth of either a candidate or an authorized surrogate. It's what a lot here hate about DKos, for example.Or talkleft, or Hillaryis44, or, . . . you know. And we will now all struggle to reform and try not to slip.

For those tempted, I recommend the 'two winners' meme, which is that both have succeeded in something wonderful, gates barring lots of Americans from even imagining themselves able to move forward being smashed in a way they cannot readily be rebuilt.  Two 'first' both did it this year. Both did that magnificently, however the delegate business came out, and we owe both huge debts of gratitude. And the conversation on race and gender is now out in the open where it can be worked on for the next round of improvement.

But now it will be easier. "Bushed" on KO will probably be replaced by "McCained" or whatever horrendous gaffes he has made today. To be replaced by new and worse gaffes tomorrow. All the way to November. And he presents so much easier a target. At their worst our candidates tried to keep it clear and principled, words McCain does not know and more organized Republicans do not heed. For the malicious, the Republican campaign is about to get entertaining.

by Christy1947 2008-06-05 09:05AM | 0 recs
Re: Engels

I was a Clinton supporter and was also called a troll, mcCain hack, GOP shill etc.

Yours is the argument Bushies use when they brutalize others: Well, they deserve it.

Fact is, despite being a Clinton supporter, I get Obama's message better than you clearly did.

Calling people idiots is a reflection of you, not them.  And it's hardly changing the tone, as Obama has said he wants to do.

But good to know you don't call people with whom you agree idiots.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:32AM | 0 recs
Re: He has no interest

So you're already admitting that Obama's message is a failure.

Remember, Bushies defend torture by saying they're terrorists and deserve it.

I just plain ol' say torture is wrong and is independent of the crimes of the prisoner.

I gather you think torture is okay?

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:36AM | 0 recs
In contrast to my last response to you:

Phantom TR.

This comment is in line with the rest of your Obama-supporter-bashing sneers.

Still would love to hear you say something nice about a Democrat.  I'm not going to read every one of your 700 or so comments to find one, but it would go a long way with me if I could ever - even once - hear you say a single word that supports a single Democrat in any context whatsoever.

by chrisblask 2008-06-05 08:42AM | 0 recs
Re: Engels

You've called Obama supporters much worse..

by hootie4170 2008-06-05 07:59AM | 0 recs
I would think that as a Clinton supporter

you would at some point say something good about her.

Still waiting to hear that, or a single positive word about any democrat in any level of any political structure.

by chrisblask 2008-06-05 09:06AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Who taught me to call people say this
"I am switching to Mr. McCain"
idiots?

Well, I learned common sense from my parents and teachers, so I guess you could blame them.

Anyone who votes for McCain is either an idiot or has a hatred of the world that I do not share.

by deepee 2008-06-05 05:52AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

So it's about you and your world view.

Last I checked, in America, people have a right to vote for whomever they choose.

And again, whether a person is an idiot or not, CALLING people idiots does nothing to change the tone, as Obama wants, and it's a reflection of YOUR character.

Not good.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:58AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Well, engels, just in case it wasn't clear already, you've shown your true colors. You don't actually care for Hillary, her positions, and her real supporters, or else you wouldn't be betraying her and her wishes now.

As an Obama supporter who happily voted for Hillary twice for Senate, I'm thrilled with her endorsement. That's because I support the Democrats and their policies, unlike you.

by JoeW 2008-06-05 04:47AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

i did not betray her - she did it herself. i sent to her $2300 and spent a lot of time and efforts helping her. many people already did what i did and much more will do the same.

by engels 2008-06-05 04:53AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

this person is a parody troll in his/her last throes. hopefully the act is coming to an end.

by wasder 2008-06-05 05:02AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

yes, in November you will get a lesson. i am not sure that you are capable to learn...

by engels 2008-06-05 05:09AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

You have bizarre grammar and sentence structure issues in all of your posts.

by wasder 2008-06-05 07:55AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

What is genuine is proved in the fire, what is false we shall not miss in our ranks.

Frederik Engels - 1841

by Shaun Appleby 2008-06-05 05:11AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

I will greatly look forward to the time when I am no longer subjected to your posts. Sorry to see you go, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

by pneuma 2008-06-05 05:31AM | 0 recs
Re: below is a text of my reply i sent to her

Head over to hillaryis44, you will fit nicely there where they have all sorts of ideas brewing on how to defeat Obama.  I do not think you are welcome here, unless you have something of substance to offer the debate on getting Obama, THE nominee, elected. If you do support Hillary as you say you do, do as she will, support THE nominee.

by igottheblues 2008-06-05 06:28AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

Very well done! A hihgly impressive call for unity and a gracious letter!

by BlueOrigin 2008-06-05 05:10AM | 0 recs

Obama/Hillary 08.

by superetendar 2008-06-05 05:20AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

No way.  and I hope she doesn't try to coerce Obama into making her his running mate, but I guarantee he's not even considering it.  If nothing else, his wife would never allow it.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:23AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton's Message To Supporters

"I guarantee he's not even considering it.  If nothing else, his wife would never allow it."--Juno

There is a old Caribbean saying that "never belongs to God." Let's wait and see, shall we?

by superetendar 2008-06-05 05:35AM | 0 recs
All the best, Senator Clinton

Thank you for doing the right thing, at this point.  Also, thank you for all the work you've done over the years.  Just think, with a strong Dem Congress and Obama in the Whitehouse, many of your dreams, things you've worked hard to achieve your whole life, can become reality.

It's on all of us now.

by SpanishFly 2008-06-05 05:42AM | 0 recs
Re: All the best, Senator Clinton

Spare us.

by Juno 2008-06-05 05:44AM | 0 recs
Re: All the best, Senator Clinton

Huh?

by NJ Liberal 2008-06-05 06:07AM | 0 recs
Just respond to Juno with something like:

"Please tell me one positive aspect of a single Democrat you approve of."

S/he never responds to those.  I tried to say something nice about one comment s/he made and got flamed back with more bigotted crap about each and every one of the millions of people who voted for Obama, so from now on when I can't restrain myself I am inserting that statement into every comment.

It's like Kryptonite.

by chrisblask 2008-06-05 09:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Just respond to:

LOL!  I only read her comments by accident these days.  As I'm scrolling through a thread, reading along, I'll hit one that I find particularly nasty and nauseating and sure enough...  It's her.

I wish there was a way to filter posts here since the Mods won't do their job as to this obvious troll.  Oh well, 99% of the folks here are trying to move forward while this one keeps trying to stir things up and sow the seeds of dissent.  One of these days her pro-McCain statements will get her banned.  Until then, I'll ignore her when I'm paying attention and just laugh at her when I run into one of her posts by accident.

by SpanishFly 2008-06-05 09:51AM | 0 recs

woo hoo!

just one more election to go ;)

by pholkhero 2008-06-05 05:42AM | 0 recs
Hillary Didn't Lose, Barack won

There is a great article at Slate

I think that it is something we should all keep in mind.  Hillary didn't lose, Barack won.  It was a tough race and it will change things forever

by monkeyga 2008-06-05 06:00AM | 0 recs

Two things:

(1)  Wonderful letter.  We are one party now.

(2)  Ignore the anti-Obama concern trolls!  Ignore them.  We are one party now.  Arguing with them only gets them off.

by Please 2008-06-05 06:02AM | 0 recs
Glad she's supporting him...

...but was there really any doubt?  She's incredibly smart, and surely knows she has to support him now or she'll have dug her own political grave.

I hold out hope that her speech and appearance on Saturday is sufficiently sincere -- given her recent statements, that's going to be a challenge.  I'm sure she can rise to the occasion, but it won't be easy.

I'll also note that while that letter was touching and heartfelt, it wasn't complimentary to Obama at all.  She basically said "I said I'd support him so I will", and "we need to beat McCain".  There wasn't a single positive thing said about Obama in the entire thing.

She's going to need to do better than that on Saturday.  I look forward to it.

by ChrisKaty 2008-06-05 06:44AM | 0 recs
Re: Glad she's supporting him...

Good points.

As to her being smart, no question she is.  But she still needed a rather large group of her own supporters to take her to the woodshed before she saw the light.  She was so wrapped up in the campaign she couldn't see clearly.  That appears to be over now.

I too look forward to Saturday.

by SpanishFly 2008-06-05 07:34AM | 0 recs
A Case Of I Strain

The word "I" appears 20 times in this nine-paragraph message.

by Ron Thompson 2008-06-05 08:30AM | 0 recs