Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Hillary Clinton is speaking to supporters now.

Update [2008-2-19 21:33:57 by Todd Beeton]:"It's about picking a president who relies not on words but on hard work to get America back to work...While words matter, the best words in the world are not enough unless you match them with action."

So, looks like she'll be continuing the words vs. solutions frame going in to Ohio and Texas.

Update [2008-2-19 21:38:19 by Todd Beeton]:"One of us is ready to be commander in chief in a dangerous world." It didn't work in the wake of Bhutto's assassination. Her only hope for this line of argument to work, which granted is not the primary rationale for her candidacy, is that John McCain is the presumptive GOP nominee.

Update [2008-2-19 21:38:19 by Todd Beeton]:Ouch, Barack's speech interrupts Hillary's.

Tags: 2008 Presidential election, Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton (all tags)

Comments

Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Want to bet whether she even mentions getting rolled in Wisconsin tonight?

by SKI 2008-02-19 04:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

WI doesn't matter, Um. er.. TX might matter but it might be a Red State and thus be of no concern, but OH-- pending a shift in polling-- OH matters.

by Socraticsilence 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Or thank the people who worked for her in Wisconsin.

Sorry, I know Obama didn't do it in Nevada.  It doesn't make it any less classless.  There were people that deserve our respect who worked for her.

She should thank them at the very least.  Not doing so just because she doesn't want to acknowledge defeat is burying one's head in the sand.

by ChrisR 2008-02-19 04:35PM | 0 recs
Agreed

And this would be a criticism of Obama too, doing that in NV.

If nothing else, how otherwise do you motivate people to go back to work in the GE?

(and yes, I have been one of those little people. LOL)

by mijita 2008-02-19 04:39PM | 0 recs
Re: Agreed

You know, the fact that she doesn't acknowledge defeat is bad enough and there's a decorum in thanking the winner, blah blah blah (and yes, I am also not a fan of Obama cutting her off)...

... but there are people who work hard for her.  It pisses me off, actually.  Should be the first sentence.

by ChrisR 2008-02-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Hillary started her speech late.

Obama could have never known.

by Walt Starr 2008-02-19 04:47PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

words dont matter (but plagiarism does)

solutions, solutions, solutions

i think she needs a new speech

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

loaned campaign money - she must be hurting to mention this

let me guess - go to hillaryclinton.com to donate

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:33PM | 0 recs
Blah

So close to universal health care in this country....

by rcipw 2008-02-19 04:33PM | 0 recs
Actually, since Clinton will remain in the Senate

unless she comes from behind in OH & TX and wins the nomination.

In the Senate, she can propose her health plan and if she persuades Congress (House and Senate) to enact it I betcha Obama would sign it.

AFTER a full debate on whether mandated purchase of private insurance is a good idea, or not. Which I am not persuaded is a good idea.

= = =

I favor Medicare for ALL paid for with general tax revenues, NOT premiums paid to private companies.

by Bill White 2008-02-19 04:41PM | 0 recs
Arggh.

I apologize if I sound a little agitated. But this is the gazillionth time I've read that her plan mandates the purchase of private insurance. That is simply false. Her plan creates a public insurance plan similar to Medicare, so you can buy into that if you want. You simply do not have to buy private insurance.

You may not have known that. If you didn't, it's possible you didn't because you received one of Barack Obama's misleading flyers, or heard him lie (Exra Klein's word) about it in an interview. This despite the fact that Obama's own plan has mandates for children.

Also, how on Earth is Clinton going to get a majority of Congress to take the huge political risk of trying to get UHC passed if the freaking president ran against it in his campaign? The Democrats in Congress have enough trouble standing up for themselves in the best of circumstances. And since when is leadership defined as hoping a senator does the heavy lifting so you can just sign it?

I'm sorry again for being irritated. It's not fair of me. It's just that this misinformation is so pervasive, and it's been generated by the likely Democratic nominee. Obama has done more to hurt the cause of universal health care than anyone since 1994.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:57PM | 0 recs
The devil is in the details

I simply do not believe K Street will permit Congress to pass legislation that will offer public insurance AT A PRICE that out-competes private insurance.

The FUBAR known as Medicare D is clear precedent here which outlaws efforts to negotiate down the price of drugs. Welfare for Big Pharma.

Therefore I have ZERO confidence that Congress will pass a program that offers a public option at a lower price than the mandated private coverage.

But if we can win that battle in Congress, then go all the way and simply extend Medicare to ALL paid for with general tax revenues.

by Bill White 2008-02-19 05:02PM | 0 recs
Re: The devil is in the details

Okay, that's reasonable. You don't believe that Congress will pass a public plan, even if President Hillary Clinton is pressing for it. I'm afraid of that myself.

But that emphatically does not mean that she'll mandate the purchase of private insurance. You can't take her plan, drop one critical part of it, and then claim that that's still her plan.

My guess is that if we do get a public plan passed, that plan will grow to the point that it essentially becomes national health insurance.

Of course, this is something we won't have to worry about, since Obama appears to be dead set against UHC. And if you don't think President Clinton would be able to get it through Congress, how will Senator Clinton do it?

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:21PM | 0 recs
Re: The devil is in the details

Universal Health Care will need a landslide victory in November. We need to blow out the Republicans in the House and Senate races. Win Congressional races in unusual places, such as IL-14 -- Hastert's former district.

Obama has been promising universal coverage on the stump. Therefore, if we win in November AND we increase our House and Senate seats there will be momentum and if a Democratic Congress agrees on a bill and passes it, I cannot imagine Obama not signing it.

And, figuring out how to bring the Jim Cooper's of the nation into agreement will be essential to Congress passing UHC. No POTUS can accomplish UHC alone and no plan will survive -- intact -- as it goes through Congress.

The battle for UHC will be won or lost in Congress, not at the White House.

Therefore, the details of any candidate's plan are not all that critical precisely because POTUS cannot pass laws by Executive Order.

= = =

This also is a VERY UNFAIR fact but one I believe is a true fact, given Republican hatred of Hillary Clinton, any health care plan that is known as "her" plan will be opposed by the Republicans out of pure spite.

Therefore, she needs to work behind the scenes and shape the plan but be willing to let others take the credit. Then, there is a much better chance UHC will be enacted by Congress.

by Bill White 2008-02-19 05:34PM | 0 recs
Re: The devil is in the details

I'll just say that I disagree that Obama is pushing for universal coverage. He's saying his plan is universal, but it's not. And given that he's ruled out single-payer and mandates, I don't see how he can possibly get there.

Also, his economic advisers worry me. Goolsbee wrote an article for Slate criticizing Michael Moore's movie and single-payer in general. David Cutler is more reasonable (claims Obama is open to mandates, even if he's busy campaigning against them), but seems to think that it's good we spend so much on health care. Liebman likes the idea of partially privatizing Social Security. These aren't the folks who will convince a wavering Obama to put it all on the line and go for it.

Maybe once he becomes president he'll suddenly stop being so cautious. I hope so, but I don't see any reason to think it will happen.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:42PM | 0 recs
Re: The devil is in the details

If a Democratic Congress passes a UHC bill, it would be political suicide for Obama NOT to sign it.

One tragic legacy of Dubya's Presidency has been giving the office of the President too much control over policy. Obama's constitutional law background is one that respects Congress as a co-equal branch of government.

UHC will be won or lost in Congress and therefore we need to fight for EVERY House seat and EVERY Senate seat.

by Bill White 2008-02-19 05:46PM | 0 recs
Re: The devil is in the details

My point is the Dem Congress won't pass it by itself. They're not going to go out on a limb without presidential support. They'll need Obama making the case for it over and over in interviews, saying so in the SOTU address, appearing in commercials, etc. He can't do that--he's boxed himself in with his rhetoric already.

Hell, the health insurance industry will probably run ads featuring Obama's own words if Congress tried to do it.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 11:02PM | 0 recs
They're not going to go out on a limb

If Hillary Clinton is in the Senate, she can push it and twist arms and so forth.

What you describe is a dysfunctional Congress -- a dysfunctional Democratic Congress. Unless we correct that, little else matters because America will be screwed in the long run and we will be unable to pay for universal health care.

A great Republic NEEDS a strong legislature. Lacking a strong legislature, we will either cease to be strong or cease to be a Republic.

by Bill White 2008-02-20 04:41AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Her speeches are getting lamer and lamer, reaching more and more for something that might stick.  Now she's talking about grassroots fundraising.  This is sad.

by stuckinsf 2008-02-19 04:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters
unless she says she's dropping team Hillary and going solo, I don't care. what a disaster of a campaign. too bad for her because I like her. Her team is a huge problem however.
by alex100 2008-02-19 04:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Yup.  Classic case of building a cathedral in the middle of a bazaar.

by stuckinsf 2008-02-19 04:36PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

I like Hillary, but I like Obama more.

by agpc 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs

wow - i am spot on
go to hillaryclinton.com

no, no mention of wisconsin, those voters dont matter

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Go to the website. uh oh, that's never good.

by Progressive America 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs

HillaryClinton.com

She must be hurting for money again.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Is she going to tell us why Wisconsin doesn't matter?

by Progressive America 2008-02-19 04:34PM | 0 recs

Fear-mongering.

by Progressive America 2008-02-19 04:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Also, there is an annoying buzzing sound on both MSNBC and CNN.  I don't have the heart to check Fox News.

by agpc 2008-02-19 04:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

nice - obama ready to interrupt

show the contrast!

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:36PM | 0 recs
She's getting cut off!

I love Obama for doing this.  As the winner, he gets to interrupt her.  This is great.  She didn't congratulate him so she deserves it.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-19 04:37PM | 0 recs
Re: She's getting cut off!

I'm not a fan of it.  Although HRC might deserve news coverage if she gave something other than her stump speech -- again.

by ChrisR 2008-02-19 04:38PM | 0 recs
Re: She's getting cut off!

She wasn't saying anything important.  She didn't thank her supporters in Wisconsin, she didn't congratulate Obama for his win, she was just attacking Obama.  If she had been gracious in defeat I promise he would have waited to speak.

It's brilliant strategy.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-19 04:40PM | 0 recs
Re: She's getting cut off!

Oh, I agree its brilliant strategy, but its the equivalent of doing a touchdown dance.  Its kind of unnecessary to not wait 15min.  Hell, the nets might have cut away anyway.

And she reallyyyyy should have thanked her supporters.  Dammit, that pisses me off.

by ChrisR 2008-02-19 04:46PM | 0 recs
Re: She's getting cut off!

Clinton delayed her speech for 45 mins, Obama's was scheduled for 9:30. She stepped on top of his intentionally, and guess what...it didn't work. You play hardball, which she did, and this kinda stuff is going to happen. Obama had 18,000 people waiting on him.

by tysonpublic 2008-02-19 05:46PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters
re: update. her action to vote for war mattered. She's right about that.
by alex100 2008-02-19 04:37PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

She looks a bit tired.  This can't be easy for her.  I'll bet Penn isn't looking forward to the next staff meeting.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-02-19 04:38PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

no no no. The go to hillaryclinton.com is about $$. But not because she's hurting for $$. Anecdotal evidence suggests Obama is out spending her with ads in every state. Like 2 or 3 to each HC add. This is true in WI, HI, TX and OH. probably other states too. that's why she need $$. Not because she's broke but because she  needs to match Obama's fundraising if she is going to be able to match his ad spending.

Imagine, between each time you hear Hillary on your TV say vote for me, Obama pops up 2, 3 or 4 times to say how much you should vote for him instead.

by poserM 2008-02-19 04:38PM | 0 recs
To Obama supporters

Your candidate has won a great victory tonight, and taken another step towards realizing his (and your) goals. You should be celebrating.

Instead, you're gleefully piling on Hillary Clinton and mocking her in her defeat. Why should her supporters vote for Obama in November?

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:40PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Because you're allegedly Democrats.  And your candidate didn't take the time to thank those who voted for her.  Nor was she a gracious loser.  She attacked Obama in her speech.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-19 04:41PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

I am a Democrat. But I can still vote the other way.

As his supporters, your job is to convince me that he deserves my support. Trashing my candidate undermines that goal, as does taking my vote for granted.

(And that goes both ways. If Obama is discovered to have had a fondness for farm animals, Hillary supporters shouldn't have a party over it.)

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:45PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

One reason I cannot stand Obama is that arrogant expectation that we Dems who disagree with him will still dutifully vite for him.  Don't bank on it.

by newhorizon 2008-02-19 04:52PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Exactly. People don't like being taken for granted.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:58PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

And do you think we will all turn out for Clinton? Do you think that the 67% of new voters who turned out just to vote for Obama are excited about Clinton?

Obama's enemies are few and far-between. Hillary has literally made herself a target of millions.

by vcalzone 2008-02-19 04:59PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

I honestly can't imagine why any Democrat wouldn't vote for Barack Obama. I don't see what Hillary brings to our table that he doesn't. What Hillary will do for the party that he won't. Maybe it's just a matter of difference between people who grew up campaigning for the Clintons and people who grew up watching the current Democratic leadership, the one backing Hillary, lose elections and the public trust.

by vcalzone 2008-02-19 05:03PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

I think she's more qualified. I like her UHC plan. I like that she's damn proud of being a Democrat and isn't talking about getting along with Republicans. I like that she has a real approach to solving the housing crisis. I like that her economic advisers aren't on record as opposing single-payer health care.

The current Democratic leadership is quite splintered. Ted Kennedy and Pat Leahy are supporting Obama, for example.

And as I write below, there's more to it than just voting. You want people to like him enough to donate to him and campaign for him. And you want people to support him when he gets into tough spots as president. Being nasty to their candidate and to them doesn't help. (I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the vitriol coming from some others.)

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:08PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Clearly, judging by the posts on this site, many people are supporting Hillary because she's a woman. Also a lot of people who liked Bill Clinton feel some duty or allegience to the Clintons.

by fugazi 2008-02-19 06:23PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Crapping about Hillary is not the way to respond.  Part of what makes Obama so yummy to so many voters is his spiel about "unity" and reaching across the aisles.  He seems to care more about getting along with Republicans than looking to a day when he will need all Dems to be on his side.  I find that kind of arrogant sense of entitlement to be contrary to what this party is supposed to stand for.

by newhorizon 2008-02-19 05:03PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Hey! If she was cut off, how do you know that she wouldn't have done so?

by splashy 2008-02-19 09:31PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Don't be coy.  It should always be done at the beginning of the speech.  She didn't thank her supporters after the Potomac primaries either.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-20 04:43AM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Because the only reason she's a candidate is that she's the spouse of a former President (who, by the way, was impeached).

I bet the networks would cut to Obama if Laura Bush was speaking, too.

by once4hillary 2008-02-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

She's a senator and a deeply talented and accomplished public servant. There's a reason she got much further than Elizabeth Dole did in 2000.

Even if this (borderline sexist) comment were correct, that means it's okay to pile on? And what does impeachment have to do with it?

You're not helping your candidate.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:47PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Thank you, I'm staying home in November.

by world dictator 2008-02-19 04:52PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

It's your vote, and your right to do whatever you want with it.

Even if you do end up voting for him, Obama supporters need to realize it's not just a matter of who we vote for in November. There are a lot of things we can do to help Obama besides voting.

At the moment I'm not inclined to donate to the Obama GE campaign, or do much work for him. I'm sure there will be other downballot candidates to support.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:02PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Welcome to the internet.  Since this is your first time here I would like to let you know about a Neiman Marcus cookie recipe I think you would be interested in.

by kasjogren 2008-02-19 05:19PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters
because you can't get the facts straight. For instance the mention that Obama won on the strength of GOP crossovers is a lie. there is no cross tabs for that sort of info, nor is it consistent with honest commentary.
by alex100 2008-02-19 05:00PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

There are in the CNN exit polls. Go to page 3. And don't call me a liar, please.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:03PM | 0 recs
by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 05:04PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters
it is a false assumption and therefore a lie.

people who "usually consider" themselves Republican were 9% of the primary electorate according to the exit polls. For one moment, let's pretend that all 100% of these people are not sick and tired of the current brand of GOP, that they are in fact rock solid Republicans to the core (and following the Hillary CW mantra, should not count, unless of course they voted for her). The truth is that this segment only accounts for a net 3.9% gain for Obama. it is NOT, like you or Johnathon claim an Obama victory propelled on this core group.

this GOP cross-over phenomenon should be talked about IMO. It's even worth debating the merits of this group voting for either Hillary or Obama come the GE.
by alex100 2008-02-19 07:25PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters

Didn't I say independents and Republicans? Together they accounted for 37%. I also said I didn't mind so much, since party ID is a self-identified thing anyway.

Please take back the liar comment.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 11:10PM | 0 recs
Re: To Obama supporters
i never called you a liar. and I was talking about Johnathon's assertion that Obama's win was on the strength of GOP cross overs and independents. that is a false statement as was yours after you made it clear you shared his views. His strength in WI came from men, independents, the youth vote, liberals, moderates, conservatives, black and much more. At the lower end of the spectrum, GOP crossovers also helped him gain an extre 3.9 points on Hillary. but that's besides the point. Obama won big. and his ability to court independents and Republicans is quite amazing.
by alex100 2008-02-20 06:17AM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Hillary looked like a beaten candidate

by falcon4e 2008-02-19 04:40PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

I like Obama, but he should have let Clinton finish.  That is harsh.

That said, Clinton has showed how little class she has by refusing to acknowledge his victories in the recent election night speeches.

by chinapaulo 2008-02-19 04:40PM | 0 recs
She started late

MSNBC reported that she was going to speak at 7:30 CST. My guess is that Obama had always planned to speak at the time he did. I think it is unfortunate for her but not purposeful by Obama.

OBAMA08

by Lawdawg 2008-02-19 04:54PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Sure, he should've let her finish. But it's Obama's night. Obama isn't gonna lose votes because he cuts into her speech.

by falcon4e 2008-02-19 04:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Obama-no class in cutting off HRC-As an Edwards voter, that is why I can't support Obama

by Robert Spurrier 2008-02-19 04:43PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Whatever.  I'm an Edwards supporter too, but SHE was the tacky, classless person who didn't even thank the people who voted for her.  She deserved interruption.

by Vox Populi 2008-02-19 04:46PM | 0 recs
She started late

OBAMA08

by Lawdawg 2008-02-19 04:55PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

He has absolutly no class.

by americanincanada 2008-02-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Obama had every right to cut off HRC's attack speech.Concession speeches are supposed to start with an acknowledgement of your opponent's victory.

by animated 2008-02-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Damn straight.  I still think he should have kept the moral high ground and let her finish, but she has consistently refused to congratulate him on these election night speeches.

Between the two, her actions are a better indicator of a lack of class.

by chinapaulo 2008-02-19 04:47PM | 0 recs
HRC was scheduled to go on at 8:30

She must have been running late. She should have kept to her schedule.

by johnnyappleseed 2008-02-19 04:50PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

her supporters shouldnt base voting for him on what some random people on the internet say about him or hillary

do your own research and determine it on your own

NOT voting for him because some random person piled it on makes you sound pretty... well, bushlike

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

If it were one person, maybe. But it's not.

Don't take my vote, or my GOTV efforts, or my campaign donations, for granted. As Bush learned in Iraq, you may not think you need allies at first, but times change.

by OrangeFur 2008-02-19 04:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters
well, there is only one story line left that needs to be answered. While we all know that Wisconsin as a whole no longer matters, there are bits of Wisconsin that just might.

Tiny Iron County is in the fight of its life to matter. With 15% in, Hillary has 75 votes to Obama's 74. Life in Iron County may never be the same if Hillary pulls out the popular vote.
by alex100 2008-02-19 04:45PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

No class - yeah, he had a speech scheduled and he kept to it.

better write his speech down, google it and see if someone else has said anything in it - "i have a dream"

by chriscizzila 2008-02-19 04:46PM | 0 recs

"classless asses"

Classy!

by gil 2008-02-19 04:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Obama is all class.  It's the Clintons that have shown complete lack of class over the last two months.  This is coming from a huge Clinton supporter that has gradually turned against her over the painful realization that they are unscrupulous politicians.

by sbbonerad 2008-02-19 04:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Read "I jumped on the winning bandwagon"

by world dictator 2008-02-19 04:59PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

The bandwagon occured because more and more people are turned off by the Clintons and the things they represent.  Sorry, it's what happended to me and many that I have to talked to.  Hillary will one day say to Bill, after it's all over, "why do you have to come in and screw this thing up for me."

by sbbonerad 2008-02-19 05:30PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Hillary should plagirize his coalition.

by ChrisR 2008-02-19 04:50PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Did she even thank the Wisconsin voters or her volunteers there?

by sndeak 2008-02-19 05:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters
"She needs to replace her speech writer."
--Donna Brazile
by fugazi 2008-02-19 06:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters

Paul Begala: "She gave not a good speech."

by fugazi 2008-02-19 05:52PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton Addressing Supporters
classless is voting for the Iraq war and not seeing anything wrong with that vote.

classless is not apologizing for that vote.

classless is not putting ground games in every state and when things turn out ugly, you dismiss those very states for a variety of reasons.

classless is Mark Penn

classless is the race baiting we saw during S. Carolina.

you see, I don't consider myself classless. I consider myself angry at Hillary's pro-war vote, her insistence that she has nothing to apologize for and I consider myself furious at her campaign team. It's an out of control group of people who speak about how their "experience" is so damn important, yet they've let an "inexperienced" candidate, with "just words" mince them up to shreads.

by alex100 2008-02-19 07:40PM | 0 recs