Open Thread

Tell the world what is on your mind.

Also, become my friend on Facebook. Because friends are a good thing.

Tags: Open Threads (all tags)

Comments

Re: Open Thread

I'm your friend and have greatly appreciated your friendship over the years.

by Bob Brigham 2007-04-18 01:04PM | 0 recs
Totally random question

Was, or was not, the Virginia Tech shooter using the high-capacity ammunition magazines banned by the 1994 assault weapons law?

The police haven't said yet?

If yes or no, is there a source on this?

If the police haven't said yet, when can we possibly expect that kind of information to be publicly released, and have there been / will there be any formal attempts by the press to obtain that information?

This strikes me as an important thing, but I have seen nothing on this subject yet except raw speculation.

by Silent sound 2007-04-18 01:19PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Woah, Chris, are you really encouraging random friend-requests? ROFL. Facebook's MySpace-ification continues apace. (Not that it'll stop me... "Look everybody! I'm friends with Chris Bowers!")

by MarkusRTK 2007-04-18 01:31PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread
Its not entirely random. Only people who read MyDD will see this. If people read my blog, and want to become my friend, that works for me!
by Chris Bowers 2007-04-18 01:47PM | 0 recs
Cho's Plays...
For those of you haven't read the gunman's plays...
click here
The first one is fairly disturbing, the second is just strange. Both are abundantly vulgar. Neither should have received a passing grade.
by LandStander 2007-04-18 03:26PM | 0 recs
Conservatives and VA Tech

I am really appalled at the comments from conservative writers like John Derbyshire and Michelle Malkin.  These poor students and teachers were killed by a mad man and they are blaming the victims for not doing enough to protect themselves.  I suppose all the people who died at Columbine and every office worker who has been killed by a crazed co-worker over the years is also to blame for their deaths.

These people truly have no shame.  And of course, while they are criticizing college students for not being tough enough but one of them has the guts to volunteer to serve in Iraq
 despite their support for the war.

It might be nice if they had the class to send their condolences to the parents and families of the VA Tech victims but I am sure in their warped minds that is a sign of weakness.

by John Mills 2007-04-18 07:04PM | 0 recs