Open Thread

Tell the world what is on your mind.

Tags: Open Threads (all tags)

Comments

Re: Open Thread

Apparently, John and Elizabeth Edwards are having a press conference at noon tomorrow. I hope it's nothing serious.

by PsiFighter37 2007-03-21 06:45PM | 0 recs
I'm guessing Edwards is out

I hope she didn't have a relapse, but that is my guess.

by alarabi7 2007-03-21 06:54PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

here is a news blurb:

Democratic Presidential Candidate John Edwards was supposed to be in Indianola, Iowa, at 6pm Tuesday for a house party. But instead, WHO-TV has learned he's headed back home to be with his wife, who's battling breast cancer. Senator Edwards was scheduled to attend a wine and cheese fundraiser for up to 150 people. But he phoned the party's host around 4 p.m. to say he had to fly home immediately after his wife received some unexpected test results from the doctor. Elizabeth Edwards has been in remission after doctors diagnosed her with breast cancer in 2004. Her husband's presidential campaign said Mrs. Edwards had a routine test Monday and has to go back to the doctor Wednesday for a followup exam.

by alarabi7 2007-03-21 06:58PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Markos apparenltly is speculating he might drop out or suspend his campaign.

What does this mean?

1. That everything is okay. Unlikely. You don't announce a press conference with your wife, and not tell the details in advance, if it's good news.

2. That Edwards is dropping out of the race and that his wife is seriously ill. Obviously we don't know, and I don't like speculating about someone's health like this. But this seems the most likely possibility at this point.

3. That Edwards is taking a break from campaigning to tend to his wife. This is also possible, but geez, that's still not good news for his campaign or for his family of course.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/3/21/ 224654/886

by robliberal 2007-03-21 07:16PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

That's actually AmericaBlog's post that Markos was quoting.  I hope it's #1 but I really don't think that they would hold a news conference for a routine breast checkup with good results.  This doesn't bode well ... how sad if it turns out she had a relapse.  She is a wonderful, inspiring woman and I'm hoping for the best.

by CarolSoprano 2007-03-21 07:37PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

I'm asking for a temporary truce among supporters of all the candidates, until we know exactly what the situation is.

This isn't a time for intraparty fighting, but for prayer, and unity, and decency.

by Jay R 2007-03-21 08:25PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

I hope this will keep the Dems from making this a nasty campaign once and for all within the party.  There are many more important things happening then calling each other names and essentially breaking up the party when we need to be stronger than ever.

I hope Mrs. Edwards will be fine.  She will be in my thoughts.

by Grace Stevens 2007-03-22 08:21AM | 0 recs