Open Thread

This is an open thread. Talk about anything you want. Anything at all.

Also, don't forget to sign up for MyDD Madness over at the ESPN tournament challenge. The group name is "MyDD Madness," and the password is "MyDD." The tournament won't be much fun without Syracuse, but I will try to bravely push forward anyway. Purdue, Stanford, Vanderbilt--what crap.

Further, I am going keep the March straw poll open for voting until around 8pm eastern. Go vote in it now--I'd like to get over 1,000 votes real votes this time. It is currently being stuffed by some Obama people, but don't worry--it is quite easy to sort out the stuffed votes from the real ones.

Tags: Democrats, Demographics, Ideology, Open Threads (all tags)

Comments

Re: Open Thread

Will you please answer an e-mail from repeating my request for information if I send you one?

Thanks, Benny

by benny06 2007-03-12 12:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Thank you for the providing link as it did have what I was looking for.  It was published on 2/15, and it was written when Bowers admits he was a bit tired.

Information request is reasonable especially when google doesn't pick up everything (and I've known this for years), but the words attached to the message made me realize that mydd search engine is one to examine more closely than the data link for "here's f***ing data you wanted." (Bowers words in the msg). Sorry all to hades he was annoyed to be asked, but if this a Direct Democracy, information or links are not uncommon to be requested among bloggers to make a point and wish to learn something more when they don't know or really did overlook it in trying to research the question.  Most of the linky q's are out of laziness, which I think Bowers was implying.

Now, I hadn't been so stupid or unintelligent, I guess I should have gone to Ask.com, to get the precise answer since when I put "'crashed hard last night' bowers my dd" with his help of the link, the correct link, as I was given was this:

http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/15/7274 9/8318

The point I am making is that I would have not located it easily in any search engine under "morning open thread" with these tags:

Open threads, meta, ideology (all tags)

As opposed the one I referenced or spammed, take your choice, http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/2/13232 6/6435
Meta, demographics (all tags)

The point is here is not to trash to admins or lead bloggers as much as telling them tags matter and so do thread subjects.

I'd like to think now that instead of being insulted by the "f" word he used in what information I wanted and maybe wanted me to feel badly or that I should work harder and longer for information the poster had, I shouldn't feel bad.  He should fish out his information.  He is the one who didn't do his job very well, but then he is a librarian?

I pay attention to how posts/threads/diaries are tagged or cataloged when I cannot find them readily on any site, including this one, or on google, etc.

Bowers did a poor job in tagging for the post I wanted to retrieve. Blog posts should be more easy to retrieve for information.   He may still get mad at me for saying so, but I think my logic proves that blogs need to get better at posting tags and subject lines that work well throughout the blogosphere, and to quit relying on google to pull up everything.

I do love the data.

If only I could put tags on this post.

by benny06 2007-03-12 01:57PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Why are you publicizing this?  Keep it between brothers.

by Vox Populi 2007-03-12 02:05PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

I've never met Chris, but I've seen pictures and I can't imagine him using fowl language </quack>.

by johnalive 2007-03-12 02:09PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

It's not the language...it is not enough good tagging which is my point.

by benny06 2007-03-12 02:18PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Point taken. And here's a great duck joke:

A duck walks into a bar. He looks like the happiest duck in the world. The bartender asks, "Why are you so happy today?"
The duck replies, "I've been playing in puddles all day." The duck proceeds to order a beer and enjoy it at the bar.

A little while later another duck walks in the bar. He looks like the second happiest duck in the world. The bartender asks, "Why are you so happy today?"

The duck gives the bartender the same answer, "I've been playing in puddles all day." This duck also orders a beer and enjoys it at the bar.

A third duck enters the bar, the total opposite of the first two ducks. He looks like the saddest duck in the world. The bartender asks the duck, "What's wrong with you?"

The duck replies, "My name is Puddles and I've had a terrible day."

by johnalive 2007-03-12 02:43PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Duckies are great, but Bowers is not allowed to be the Pudddles.

by benny06 2007-03-12 03:29PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Hey! Leave Vandy out of it! :) They're a good team - maybe over-seeded at a 6. You want to complain - Illinois is the crap! And if we want to bitch about SEC crap, make it Arkansas. Now that's some crap. Vandy beat Kentucky twice, beat Florida, the overall #1 seed, beat Tennessee and Georgia Tech and finished second in the country's second toughest conference by RPI.

by DonBinTN 2007-03-12 01:02PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Very curious about how many Obama stuffers there are.  250 votes is a sizeable lead.

by Vox Populi 2007-03-12 01:04PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread
It just did a quick survey, and I think that without the stuffers Obama and Edwards are basically tied. Obama might have a slight lead--very slight. We will find out soon enough.
by Chris Bowers 2007-03-12 01:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

I figured things were tied, because for most of the time the poll was open they were within 10-15 votes apart, until Obama started racking up what is now nearly a 300 vote lead.

by Vox Populi 2007-03-12 01:53PM | 0 recs
My one word response to &quot;News&quot; stories

From the AP:

Poll: Character trumps policy for voters

By RON FOURNIER and TREVOR TOMPSON, Associated Press Writers Sun Mar 11, 10:17 AM ET

WASHINGTON - For all the policy blueprints churned out by presidential campaigns, there is this indisputable fact: People care less about issues than they do about a candidate's character.

DUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!

by maddogg 2007-03-12 01:07PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Yes, I've been saying for years that Purdue is a bunch of crap.

Go IU! :)

by Karatist Preacher 2007-03-12 01:30PM | 0 recs
Re: Open Thread

Will the winner get a front page post like last year? Hopefully I can improve on my second place finish.

by OtH 2007-03-12 01:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Sore excuse

I once had a professor who used 63 as the cut off for a failing grade instead of 60. I thought I had a solid D- and was shocked to learn I failed.

The 'cuse might indeed be the 42nd best team in the country instead of the 43rd. But couldn't some coach just once leave it at "we just weren't good enough this year" ?

Class dismissed.

by Gatordave 2007-03-12 01:43PM | 0 recs
Re: Sore excuse

That's kind of bizarre coming from (I assume) a Gator fan. Urban Meyer was hardly saying let the process play itself out; we have no beef considering the collapse at Auburn. He blatantly campaigned for the BCS title berth.

by Gary Kilbride 2007-03-12 02:17PM | 0 recs