Is this really happening?

The fact that a denial has to be released about a couple that's expecting a child...

Statement On Behalf Of Andrew Young
December 19, 2007

As confirmed by Ms. Hunter, Andrew Young is the father of her unborn child.

Senator Edwards knew nothing about the relationship between these former co-workers, which began when they worked together in 2006.

As a private citizen who no longer works for the campaign, Mr. Young asks that the media respect his privacy while he works to make amends with his family.

Pamela J. Marple
Attorney for Mr. Young

Update [2007-12-19 15:55:34 by Jerome Armstrong]:baaaaa, from the comments:

Sorry, Occams razor may work for us, but full and public statement from both the father and mother ain't good enough for Mickey Kaus. He's gonna need a full gynecolgical exam from Ms. Hunter in the Slate lobby, pronto.

Tags: 2008 election, Andrew Young, goats, Mikey Kaus, Rielle Hunter (all tags)

Comments

I wonder what Mrs. Young thinks of that

Ouch!

Somebody isn't getting a Christmas present!

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 10:33AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

Then why would you even bring it up?  He asked for privacy.

by Piuma 2007-12-19 10:33AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

That was sent to me from the lawyer.

by Jerome Armstrong 2007-12-19 10:46AM | 0 recs
I honestly smell cover up

From a lawyer?  Why would a lawyer need to be involved?

I've fathered two children and a lawyer was never involved.

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 10:55AM | 0 recs
Re: I honestly smell cover up

If you prefer to have people calling your home night and day with questions, rather than having someone else fend them off for you, you're a rare bird.

You can't seriously believe that only guilty people hire lawyers, can you?

by Steve M 2007-12-19 10:58AM | 0 recs
To announce a birth?

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 11:06AM | 0 recs
Re: To announce a birth?

They're not announcing a birth.  They're responding to a story about them in the National Enquirer.

Why in heaven's name would you characterize this statement as "announcing a birth"?

by Steve M 2007-12-19 11:10AM | 0 recs
Re: To announce a birth?

but Jerome says it's just "a couple that's expecting a child". sounds very innocent to me. </snark>

by JoeCoaster 2007-12-19 11:33AM | 0 recs
Re: To announce a birth?

Let me remind you of what I reminded someone else below:

"You are responding to a guy who thought it was fair game to claim that Edwards was using his wife's cancer to gain sympathy as a candidate." He doesn't give shit so long as it stirs shit up.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 11:34AM | 0 recs
Re: I honestly smell cover up

Don't you watch Law and Order. Of course, only the guilty need lawyers. All litigation is also based on greedy individuals. Corporations never engage in litigation.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 11:08AM | 0 recs
Re: I honestly smell cover up

Law and Order taught me that the proper way to serve a motion is to drop by opposing counsel's office, engage them in conversation, and dramatically whip it out of your briefcase at an appropriate moment.

by Steve M 2007-12-19 12:24PM | 0 recs
Re: I honestly smell cover up

That's not how you do it?

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 12:37PM | 0 recs
you can go rot

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 11:17AM | 0 recs
I've fathered three children

and two lawyers were involved every time.

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 11:18AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

Yeah, this whole "scandal" is ridiculous.  The tabloids lached onto it months ago and everyone involved said it was a lie.  Now it comes up yet again.  I'm not an Edwards supporter, but I fell absolutely terrible for the entire Edwards family.  They're such decent people and don't deserve to be treated like this.

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 10:33AM | 0 recs
Lets be grown ups

Where there is smoke there is often fire.  So I can't blame anyone for looking into these seemingly bizarre set of circumstances.

I still say the Enquirer has to show some proof or go away.  They say they have it.  Show us an email, give up the name of the girl's friend who is talking.

If not, if they can't or won't, I would say Edwards has done no wrong.

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 10:44AM | 0 recs
Re: Lets be grown ups

What is so bizarre about any of this?  Two people, both working on a presidential campaign, apparently entered into an affair that has now produced a child.  There is ZERO evidence that Edwards is involved.  In fact, ALL the evidence indicates that he has NOTHING to do with anything.  Given all of that, your response is that "where this is smoke there is often fire."  That's ridiculous.  Absent something credible, this is beyond the pale and -- here's an analogy you should understand -- is akin to the GOP smear saying Bill and Hillary killed Vince Foster.  Both are simply evil accusations to make and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone who calls themself a Democrat.

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 11:08AM | 0 recs
Re: Lets be grown ups

Let me remind you that you are responding to a guy who thought it was fair game to claim that Edwards was using his wife's cancer to gain sympathy as a candidate.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 11:18AM | 0 recs
Re: Lets be grown ups

Fair point.

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 11:31AM | 0 recs
Andrew is like a son to the Edwardses

There is a reason they do not talk about this.

Because they are loyal, true friends.  People like we have not had in office in this country for a very long time.

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 11:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Andrew is like a son to the Edwardses

If he's so close the Edwards why did he leave the campaign?

If the Edwards were going to get some other guy to claim to be the father, wouldn't it make sense to get somebody particularly loyal?

That said, I'm on the same page as most people here. Until there's proof that can be independently verified, it seems unreasonable to make the people involved deny unsourced rumors.

by Carl Nyberg 2007-12-19 12:05PM | 0 recs
Re: Andrew is like a son to the Edwardses

It's only unreasonable if you really didn't stop beating your wife.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 01:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Lets be grown ups

Considering the source, ironic comment of the day:

"Lets be grown ups"

Nothing about your posts along this thread is grown up.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 11:17AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

Once this dies off Mickey, here's a real hot tip...A friend of a cousin, whose aunt is a good friend at the Duncan Hunter campaign who used to know a guy who saw Fred Thompson once on Law and Order told me (second err..third hand?) that my neighbor who moved to Qatar 15 years ago is actually Mike Huckabee's and Hillary Clinton's secret love child.

Better get moving on that before another Huffinton Post intern scoops ya.

by alexmhogan 2007-12-19 10:42AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

I think bringing Obama's razor into this is a completely unnecessary distraction.  Who cares if he uses a safety razor, an electric razor, a good old-fashioned straight razor like barbers use, or even, God forbid, chooses to let some facial hair grow.

We've got to get beyond these petty differences and focus on real issues like-- like-- like-- ...oh...he said "Occam's" razor.   Never mind.   Unless Occam has made illegal campaign contributions from a madrassa somewhere, in which case, game back on.

by InigoMontoya 2007-12-19 10:54AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

I though radical Islamic militants were allowed to use razors?

by hwc 2007-12-19 01:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

sad attempt at humor?  really say...

by Jim Engler 2007-12-20 05:12AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

really sad...

by Jim Engler 2007-12-20 05:13AM | 0 recs
Was this story getting traction

or something? Why issue a statement now? I don't get it.

Edwards has to hope the MSM don't follow up on this. Affair denial headlines don't look good.

by JoeCoaster 2007-12-19 10:43AM | 0 recs
Re: Was this story getting traction

There were "rumors" from unreliable sources, just like the "rumors" that Obama might have been behind the 9/11 terrorists or that Hillary Clinton shot Janet Reno just to watch her die.

Completely unreliable, irresponsible rumors, mostly made up by Republicans. But, you know, the responsible mainstream media needs to report on these rumors over and over because, after all, they're newsworthy. And the real story, to be discussed over and over, is that if these rumors are repeated enough they might cause harm to the (always Democratic candidates', funny how that works) campaigns...

by admiralnaismith 2007-12-19 10:48AM | 0 recs
Not the rumour I heard

I heard Clinton shot Janet Reno because she was chasing the NRA endorsement.

by Englishlefty 2007-12-19 01:13PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

I would not trust the enquire magazine since they are mostly a gossip magazine.

Ayway , rasmussen has Clinton leading by 3-4% , but Obama leads among the "certain to attend" caucus goers.

Obama also leads among the "2004 caucus attendees" which is a huge blow for Edwards since his supporters kept suggesting that he has the most experienced caucus goers who attended in 2004...

Keep in mind that this is at least the third poll which shows Edwards does not have any edge among people who participated in 2004 caucus.

The only good news for Edwards is that he leads among 'second choice' BUT Obama is not far behind.
Edwards 28
Obama   23
Richardson 15
Hillary 15

The narrative of an Edwards rise is just bullshit.

Hillary and Obama seems to start pulling away from him big time.

Ive heard how when you tighter-screened polls favors Edwards , but polls after polls have shown that the tighter screened poll , the better it is for Obama.

by Prodigy 2007-12-19 10:43AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

Or we could talk up the poll showing Edwards leading from yesterday with Clinton in second with the most committed support, and we could paint a totally different narrative then the one you just did.

Polls smolls at this point.

It is moved into the final phase where the ground game will tell the story.

I'd be intereste to hear what many of the canvassers are saying.  I have heard it is down mainly to Edwards and Clinton among the undecideds.  That is that many undecideds are telling the door knockers that they are looking at either Edwards or Clinton at this point.

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 10:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really relevant?

It becomes bullshit when one keeps insisting that Obama is clearly ahead.

Any of the Top 3 contenders can win Iowa.

That's really the Non-Bullshit story.

Polls are not bullshit. All these contradicting polls are actually showing us that its anybody's ballgame.

But some fans keep on giving their bias point of view that their candidate is ahead.

Obama can easily finish 1st in Iowa. But he could also easily find himself in 3rd place. Same goes for JRE  & HRC.

Now that's No Bull!

by labanman 2007-12-19 11:34AM | 0 recs
I am at a loss

Would some please explain Jerome's relationship to this woman, or to this story?

by aiko 2007-12-19 10:46AM | 0 recs
here's the story

Cleveland Leader

for what it's worth.

by JoeCoaster 2007-12-19 10:49AM | 0 recs
Re: here's the story

I got that part. But why would these people use MyDD as a platform for their denials. They did it last time too.  It is the oddest thing.

by aiko 2007-12-19 10:53AM | 0 recs
Re: I am at a loss

It's called email.

by Jerome Armstrong 2007-12-19 10:49AM | 0 recs
Jamie Lynn Spears
Says Edwards is her baby daddy. I'm kidding. Too much eggnog. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all believers!
by Zeitgeist9000 2007-12-19 10:47AM | 0 recs
Be a bummer to have a Prez that has to ...

Skip out of work early to drive their baby's mother down to the check cashing place.

.... Just a joke people!   A little riff off an old Chris Rock SNL skit.

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 10:49AM | 0 recs
Re: Be a bummer to have a Prez that has to ...
hahahaha
by Zeitgeist9000 2007-12-19 11:20AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

...this poll may showHillary with the lead , but the fact that she's STILL doing so poorly among second choices is a big problem.

Everyone knows that Clinton's campaign is finished. I heard it on TV. All the pundits say so.

If she even manages to finish a distant third, it will be viewed as a major comeback.

by hwc 2007-12-19 10:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

oh since all the pundits say so, then... lol

by Trey Rentz 2007-12-19 10:57AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

sick, even if somehow he did have an affair if no one wants to come foreward it's none of anyones business anyway. I hope they the Enquirer pulls it or supermarkets in Iowa refuse to put it on their shelves.

by nevadadem 2007-12-19 10:52AM | 0 recs
Unfair to all involved

Andrew Young is a friend of mine, and to see him and his family, as well as Ms. Hunter, dragged through the mud by the national enquirer is tremendously depressing.

He is a good and talented person who obviously made a mistake.  It's a private matter and should remain so.

By the way, my challenge to Mickey Kaus to meet me somewhere and make his statements in a forum where people can respond still stands.  The fact that a friend of mine is involved in this story just makes me even angrier at the sleaze merchants like Kaus.

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 10:54AM | 0 recs
Re: Unfair to all involved

Slate I thought was a respected site, they should pull this shit.

by nevadadem 2007-12-19 10:56AM | 0 recs
if a woman has decided to have the child

it's bad form for a third party to refer to the pregnancy as a mistake.

by Carl Nyberg 2007-12-19 12:07PM | 0 recs
Re: if a woman has decided to have the child

The mistake is not the baby, the mistake is a married man having an affair.

by Steve M 2007-12-19 12:09PM | 0 recs
Re: if a woman has decided to have the child

I doubt it was a "mistake".

"Oh, shit, I'm so sorry. I thought you were my wife."

by Carl Nyberg 2007-12-19 12:15PM | 0 recs
Re: if a woman has decided to have the child

Of course it's not.  But the reason we call it a "mistake" is to be nice, not to be rude.

by Steve M 2007-12-19 12:25PM | 0 recs
Re: if a woman has decided to have the child

You are being disingenuous.

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 02:21PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

did a legit newpapaer print this

Edwards at best rates third in polls of the Democratic Party presidential candidates, but still clings desperately to the hope that somehow he can pull out a win. However, with these allegations floating around, it's going to be a difficult uphill battle.

what the fuck?

by nevadadem 2007-12-19 10:54AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

How about young take a blood test to show the enquire magazine that the child is indeed his and this would completly take the heavy load off Edwards.

They should make a deal..Young should ask  for a million dollar if the child is found to be his , not Edwards and the enquire should shut downn their door for good.

The fact that Young and the lady rejected the patternity test will only raise suspicious , not calm anything.

Ive heard from some Edwards supporters how Obama's muslim ties could hurt him in the general , but now , you could make a strong case that as long as the enquire story is not completly proven the lady's baby is not Edwards's , this story will stay alive and you better believe the GOP will make sure it is part of the general election.

by Prodigy 2007-12-19 11:23AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

A paternity test? That would mean removing fluid from the fetus which could risk miscarriage. She should have a needle jammed in her stomach and risk miscarriage so she can answer to Slate.com and the Enquirer? Even Fox is staying from this one.

I feel sick.

by alexmhogan 2007-12-19 11:27AM | 0 recs
Anger

Anger is what I am feeling right now.  Anger at Kaus.  Anger at the National enquirer.  And angry at small little minds that do things like demand paternity tests in response to alegations like these.

Andrew Young is a private citizen.  This woman is a private citizen.  Neither you nor anyone else, self-appointed media kingpin or no, has any right to demand any such thing.

The child isn't even born yet, and you are already prepared to drag it through the mud.

You can go rot in hell for even suggesting such a thing.

Leave these people alone.

by DrFrankLives 2007-12-19 11:52AM | 0 recs
nevadadem, that is beneath you

A lot of Edwards supporters stuck up for Obama when Hillary supporters tried to get the media to talk about Obama's past cocaine use.

I recognize that Obama's talking points now call for telling Edwards supporters to abandon their candidate, but it's ridiculous to suggest that Edwards would have more of an uphill battle than Obama.

Edwards has been through a long campaign before, while Obama has never had a tough race.

by desmoinesdem 2007-12-19 11:23AM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

Many of us Obama supporters find this story repulsive.

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 11:32AM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

including me, I think Roger Altman should as huge Clinton supporter use his power to make sure the print version of this does not get run.

by nevadadem 2007-12-19 11:35AM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

I am an Obama supporter and I find this story disgusting --- guilt by innuendo.

Something we have been subject to ourselves.

Please don't smear Obama and his supporters for this. We have had nothing to do with it.

by JackBourassa 2007-12-19 11:51AM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

Actually, I believe it.

by wahoopaul 2007-12-19 01:06PM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

Would you like to buy a bridge?

by Englishlefty 2007-12-19 01:15PM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you
oh shit, I was posted it from the link upthread about how the newspaper from Cleveland printed that
I meant it only to show what the paper said. Read my other posts about this topic and you will understand.
by nevadadem 2007-12-19 11:34AM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

I would like to think that Obama supporters collectively deplore this story and any repetition of it, I certainly do.  The notion that 'where there is smoke there is fire' is the kind of baseless stupidity which allows these destructive narratives to gain traction.  Let those who seek to derive some petty electoral advantage from this go rot in their own personal hells unremarked.

We should be supporting Edwards and Edwards supporters in condemning any attempt to get mileage out of this.  I mean, the National Enquirer for pity's sake.  I am reluctant to even comment on it.

by Shaun Appleby 2007-12-19 12:07PM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

None of those Clinton cheating stories were ever true!

by wahoopaul 2007-12-19 01:07PM | 0 recs
Re: nevadadem, that is beneath you

What has that got to do with any of this?  Where there's smoke there is sometimes mirrors.

by Shaun Appleby 2007-12-19 01:30PM | 0 recs
Edwards

I stopped supporting Edwards a month ago when this broke. It's definitely true.

by wahoopaul 2007-12-19 11:11AM | 0 recs
Re: Edwards

the affair part, according to my sources. The love child thing? I have no idea. Sounds silly.

by wahoopaul 2007-12-19 11:14AM | 0 recs
according to your sources?

That is pathetic. It reminds me of when Shawn Colvin was rumored to be having an affair with Richard Thompson, because they kept scheduling concerts together.

Then Shawn Colvin married Richard Thompson's tour manager.

by desmoinesdem 2007-12-19 11:21AM | 0 recs
Re: Edwards

I think you meant to post that on Hillary Hub. Because don't come here with "my sources say ...its definitely true" and not expect to look like an idiot.

If you switched your vote because of what the National Enquirer reported, there's really very little for to you offer the rest of us on this site by way of commentary.

by desmoulins 2007-12-19 11:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Edwards

Oh, it's "definitely true," according to an anonymous guy on the Internet.  Thanks for letting us know.

by Steve M 2007-12-19 11:23AM | 0 recs
Re: Edwards

Oh please stop lying.

by bruh21 2007-12-19 11:24AM | 0 recs
Re: Edwards

you can't post that without giving us some sense of either who you are or who your "sources" are. The Enquirer piece itself is very poorly sourced.

by blueflorida 2007-12-19 11:34AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

it's not a "couple" expecting a child. Young is married and has children of his own. Hunter's unborn child was rumored to have been fathered by Edwards. Young is a good friend of Edwards', had been with him in various capacities since 1998. He was the campaign's Director of Operations. Yes, the National Enquirer is engaging in baseless rumor-mongering. But the actual facts apparently compelled Young to issue this statement, possibly hoping that it would put the Edwards as daddy rumor  to rest.

by along 2007-12-19 11:16AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

who gives a damn, if no one is making an allegation why is it news?

by nevadadem 2007-12-19 11:25AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

the statement isn't news, but the allegations, in the form of baseless rumors from anonymous sources, were published today online by the National Enquirer. I'm saying that's why the statement was released to the media.

by along 2007-12-19 12:17PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

We don't know that it is baseless.  Most pols that get caught first claim that it is baseless.

The Enquirer claims there is someone close to this Hunter who is spilling the beans and they claim to have seen emails.   Will they follow up and drip this stuff out?  Does it exist?

Something tells me it does.  This isn't a 30 lb baby story.  They made some very simple, very straightforward, very direct charges against Edwards.   Edwards is a skilled attorney remember.

They have to put up or shut up or face Edwards cleaning up to the tune of 10s of millions.

by dpANDREWS 2007-12-19 11:27AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

You are pitiful.  Seriously, just absolutely awful.  Are you even a Democrat?

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 11:34AM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

Why does the media fear populism?

by truthteller2007 2007-12-19 11:24AM | 0 recs
Nice to see Chris Lehane is still getting work

n/t

by desmoulins 2007-12-19 11:29AM | 0 recs
Mickey Kaus and the Right Wing Blogs

FWIW, Kaus and the right wing blogs have carried false innuendoes with respect to Hillary Clinton as well.

One can only hope that responsible journalists will NOT publish these lies, for doing so definitely shows a reckless disregard for the truth.

Let's flush this stuff down the toilet...pull the lever folks...and return to the serious business of electing a president.

by Demo37 2007-12-19 11:53AM | 0 recs
Re: Mickey Kaus and the Right Wing Blogs

Are you sure it's a lie? How do you know?

by wahoopaul 2007-12-19 12:41PM | 0 recs
Re: Mickey Kaus and the Right Wing Blogs

Because your secret sources told me so.

by msstaley 2007-12-19 01:08PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

This whole story does not smell right.

Put on your strategy and thinking cap.

Why was so much information put out?  Why live in a gated community?  Why does Andrew Young have his family living down the your baby's mama house?  What married woman of two would allow her husband to rent a house for his mistress down the street?

It does not add up.

I am not a fan of National Enquirer, but if they have documented information in email, video, etc. as they are floating now, then they need to put up or shut up.  If not, leave this happy family alone.  /snark on that one.

by iamready 2007-12-19 11:57AM | 0 recs

Please leave it alone.

by Shaun Appleby 2007-12-19 12:10PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

Wow, you really make your preferred candidate look good.

by HSTruman 2007-12-19 12:21PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

You are being sooooo sleazy with your innuendo.

"I am not a fan of National Enquirer, but . . . ."

Right, you are not a fan but you will promote them if this promotes your candidate.

by pioneer111 2007-12-19 01:14PM | 0 recs
Thinking Cap

National Enquirer.

hmm...National Enquirer.....

National  .......   Enquirer

Where have I seen that before?  I think I remember seeing that.  Is that the one with the alien that keeps flip flopping between candidates?  No, no that's the Weekly World News....

National Enquirer...oh, right.  That's the one that has been sued again and again for printing false stories and has had to pay out millions of dollars for its lies.

National Enquirer - A watchword for Trutth(not to be confused with Truth).

by msstaley 2007-12-19 01:14PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

I will never back you up again, you wretched cunt.

by Vox Populi 2007-12-19 01:50PM | 0 recs
I understand your anger, Vox.

Iceberg disgusts me also.  But that name was inapproriate.

Just call her iceberg.  We'll know what you mean.

by TomP 2007-12-19 05:13PM | 0 recs
iamready is

really icebergslim, who was banned here.

You completely disgust me, icebergslim.

by TomP 2007-12-19 05:09PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

You never know, his wife could have thought, well shit, my husband really fucked up but we can't make this woman have this child alone, we will support her, he got her pregnant.

Some people think that way.

by Ellinorianne 2007-12-21 05:17AM | 0 recs

Well:

The DEMs in this primary are acting like the rethugs have done in GEs!!!!

by pate 2007-12-19 12:07PM | 0 recs
Re: Is this really happening?

This story showed up on my Google News Reader today as published in tabloids and some other rags that I had never heard of, I would think that was enough to give it legs on the net and cause the denial to be issued.

by greenvtster 2007-12-19 05:16PM | 0 recs
Rielle videos back up on Webcastr.com.

Whatever the outcome, the videos are back up on the web.  Here is a link to the four webisodes that Rielle Hunter produced for Edwards that seemingly got the whole ball rolling.  Not sure what it proves but you certainly can take a look for yourself.

http://www.webcastr.com/videos/news-poli tics/edwards-webisode-1-plane-truths.htm l

by TheMan001 2007-12-19 11:12PM | 0 recs
Am I the only one who sees conspiracy?

Last week, The Enquirer's headline was:

STEADMAN HAS HAD ENOUGH W/OPRAH?
(and OBAMA was to blame)

This week it's JOHN EDWARDS.

DO you REALLY think it's a coincidence?

Do you REALLY think it's a coincidence considering that a huge Clinton booster just BOUGHT THE ENQUIRER?

Come on, people.

IF the Edwards campaign takes it up, then it becomes a 'legitimate' story, because right now, the ' legitimate' press could only say,
' According to the National Enquirer'.

AS soon as the Edwards camp issues a DENIAL, then they could lead with ' The Edwards camp issued a denial about the story of John Edwards having a love child.'

I'm sorry, but I'm a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist like that.

by rikyrah 2007-12-20 02:50AM | 0 recs