MyDD Polling Project: Starting the Final Push

Donate to the MyDD / Start Change Polling Project

This is it. The poll is going into the field this afternoon. History is being made, and we need your help.

Our groundbreaking poll, which will challenge conventional wisdom on a variety of topics--Iraq, withdrawal, terrorism, Bush approval, domestic spying--is about to be brought to the public. This will be the first comprehensive nationwide public survey where the questions are informed by the collective knowledge of the netroots and the blogosphere. You helped to make these questions, and with your help this poll will serve as a direct challenge to the entire field of public polling as it is run by commercial news organizations. Now, we need your help in order to bring the answers to the public.

This has been quite a process. First, we asked you if you wanted us to run a poll, and in our most heavily voted upon poll every, nearly 4,000 of you said yes. Next, we asked for your input on what questions we should ask, and over three threads (here, here, here), you gave us more than 100 suggestions. After that, we joined forces with Start Change, and hired a pollster, Joel Wright. Since that time, Joel and I have finalized the questionnaire, and you guys have helped us out to the tune of nearly $10,000. Joel provided us with his most recent update on setting up the poll on Friday. Now, the phones are about to begin ringing.

Even though the poll is about to go into the field, we have not yet completed our fundraising in order to pay for the entire costs of the poll. We still need roughly $6,500 in order to complete fundraising for the poll. We need you to donate to the polling project today.

This is it. This is the moment of truth. There is no going back now. Donate to the MyDD / Start Change Polling Project now.

Tags: Activism (all tags)

Comments

Money Where Our Hearts Are
I'm giving a second time, because this is an ACTION, not another post. I hope everyone will rally on this--in memory of MLK and in honor of Al Gore.
by DFATMA 2006-01-16 10:41AM | 0 recs
Inspired by DFATMA, I Gave Again, Too
and so can you.
by Arthurkc 2006-01-16 10:58AM | 0 recs
Re: Inspired by DFATMA, I Gave Again, Too
I already did, as well.  It felt good to finally "put my money where my mouth was", so to speak... :)
by tive 2006-01-16 11:51AM | 0 recs
Great timing- Bush under 40%, Gore's speech
This is great timing getting this poll out there-

We want an HONEST poll, but it would be great if it hits at a Bush valley, so we can honestly measure how low he can go.

My theory:  even the best pollsters are giving Bush at least a 2-3 point cushion.

i.e. I suspect (living in a red state and hearing people talk) that Bush's actual approval is more like 32-35%.

If we can get him below 30 we are in Nixon territory.

by jgkojak 2006-01-16 12:24PM | 0 recs
Re: Great timing- Bush under 40%, Gore's speech
We cant assume that the poll we come out the way we want.  Reading Chris's analysis of polls for the last year and half, I am just looking forward to how he interprets a poll that he designed himself.
by Winston Smith 2006-01-16 02:50PM | 0 recs
Colin Powell
Colin Powell got a rough ride here in Scotland

by albagubrath 2006-01-16 12:59PM | 0 recs
I just donated for a second time
too. DFATMA is right, actions speak louder than blogposts (although blogposts are good ;-)).
by Sean Paul 2006-01-16 01:35PM | 0 recs
the poll
I just gave.

It felt good.  Keep us informed as the collecting progresses.

Dipsop

by dipsop 2006-01-16 06:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Seriously
I'm pretty eager to see how this is doing myself.  It has been on the recommended list at Kos most of the day.  I'll bet that brought in some serious cash.
by BBigJ 2006-01-16 07:28PM | 0 recs
polling
Hi.

I'm new here and signed up just to tell you about some past polling efforts to do similar work.  Have any of you heard of www.retropoll.org?  I am a co-director there.  Bob Fertik supported us very early on with one of our polls on impeachment and we even impacted the PIPA studies at U Maryland on Fox.  We were the first organization to do the impeachment poll and have been on Pacifica radio and in a number of print and online media.   Not looking for glory here, just academic integrity.  Do research before you reinvent the wheel.  These polls are interesting, but polling is always problematic.  I'd be interested in what some of you have to say about the retropoll project and especially our article from Z Magazine on the Public Opinion Fraud.  Hope to have some great dialogue and best wishes on ridding the real evildoers.  Good luck fundraising...it's hard work for a noble cause!

m

by mythinfo 2006-01-16 10:33PM | 0 recs
Lurkers give it up!
Hi - I confess: I am a lurker.  I never post comments but I read everything - every day and usually several times a day I log onto MyDD and Daily Kos.  I gave 10 bucks cuz it's what I could afford.  I ask that anyone who is a similar "Lurker" take a moment to give what they can cuz the time is right for our voices to unite.  Bush and his cabal are ruining our country and polluting our world. If we don't take this step to bring to light the true weakness of his position I think we miss an important opportunity to help bring about change. It's time to wake up. This poll will help. Please donate now.
Chris Abramczyk - Bend, Oregon